Crews from North Wales Fire and Rescue Service are attending a blaze at an industrial site in north Wales. Firefighters were called after smoke was spotted coming from a unit on the Vauxhall Industrial estate near Ruabon in Wrexham.
Four appliances are on scene and around 14 firefighters present. There are no reported injuries.
A family who were rescued from a fire in their Barmouth flat, are joining forces with North Wales Fire Service to launch a new electrical fire safety campaign.
Seven members of the Griffith family were rescued through a window in February after their washing machine caught fire.
They were alerted by fire alarms. The fire service has launched the 'Get switched on to fire safety' campaign in a bid to highlight the importance of being as safe as possible at home, using the Griffith family's story to get the message across.
We're really grateful to the Griffith family for sharing their story. Without smoke alarms, we could have been dealing with an unthinkable tragedy in Barmouth - their story really proves how important it is to have working smoke alarms fitted and a practised escape route in place so that you and your family can exit quickly in the event of a fire.
– North Wales Fire Service spokesperson
Fire service staff will be visiting supermarkets across north Wales to talk to shoppers and get them to do an electrical safety quiz.
Stena Line has confirmed there was an incident at Holyhead port in Anglesey at around 6am this morning as the Stena Line charter ship Finnarrow was berthing in Holyhead en route from Dublin Port which involved the ship’s stabilisers.
All 77 passengers and 43 crew onboard the vessel were evacuated and the vessel was safely berthed.
The vessel is currently docked in Holyhead undergoing inspections and will remain out of service for the immediate future.
Stena Line passengers due to travel on Stena Line’s Holyhead-Dublin service will be accommodated on alternative sailings and are currently being contacted by the company to advise them of the situation.
A man and woman are in hospital following a flat fire in Conwy this evening.
Fire crews were called to a first floor flat in Berry Street at 5.18pm, after the owner of a nearby shop noticed smoke and flames coming from the flat.
A 34-year-old woman was rescued from the flat by firefighters and is currently in intensive care suffering from serious injuries. A 36-year-old man who was also in the flat is being treated for smoke inhalation.
The incident is being jointly investigated by North Wales Fire and Rescue Service and North Wales Police.