Firefighters are warning of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended, after an 81-year-old man in Mold had a lucky escape from a chip pan fire at his home.
Three fire crews were called to the property earlier this afternoon, after the man returned to his kitchen to find a chip pan alight.
Fortunately the man was uninjured by the incident, however, leaving a chip pan unattended for any length of time can have disastrous results as the oil can easily overheat and ignite – even the smallest distraction could lead to a fire in a matter of moments.
The fire service are also reminding people of the importance of having working smoke alarms, after it was discovered there were no smoke alarms in the property.
They say everyone should have at least one working alarm on every level of their home, and that they should be checked regularly.
North Wales Police have made four arrests after a burglary near Wrexham on Saturday morning.
A spokesperson said a woman was threatened and money was stolen at an address on the High Street in Rhosllanerchrugog.
The three men left the area in a Volkswagen Golf car.
The car was later found in the Queensway area of Caia Park.
Officers used a taser on the man, 26, who was then taken to hospital.
He is now in custody after being arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
Three women have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
Police found more than 20 cannabis plants, a small amount of cocaine and a prohibited stun-gun at the home of Richard Williams.Read the full story ›
Merseyside police are appealing for information about a missing man who is known to visit Llandudno.Read the full story ›
There are calls for the Welsh Government to change the law to force councils to collect rubbish at least once a fortnight.Read the full story ›
A list of official presents from 2016 revealed that The Prince of Wales was given a model of Mother Teresa and DVD while on foreign tours.Read the full story ›