First Minister Carwyn Jones is in north Wales today to open a new hangar at Hawarden Airport.Read the full story ›
It's thought the privately owned aircraft left Milton Keynes for Dublin, via Caernarfon Bay, before disappearing yesterday afternoon.Read the full story ›
A search is underway for a missing helicopter with five people on board. The Coastguard said poor conditions are hampering the search.Read the full story ›
Police in North Wales have closed Caernarfon Road after a crash.
Officers have advised motorists to find alternative routes while they deal with the incident.
Caernarfon road Bangor near Tesco closed due to RTC. Officers /emergency services on scene. Please avoid and find alternative route.
The Welsh Government has announced it is to terminate the appointments of the chair and vice chair of Sport Wales.
In a statement released by the Minister for Social Services and Public Health Rebecca Evans AM, she said there had been a "irretrievable breakdown in relationships within the leadership of the board of Sport Wales".
I have today informed the Chair and Vice Chair of Sport Wales that I consider the need to secure fresh leadership to be necessary to restoring a well functioning board going forward.
I have therefore informed both the Chair, Dr Thomas, and the Vice Chair, Adele Baumgardt, that I am terminating their appointments with notice.
Whilst both individuals have had the interests of sport in Wales as their priority, and have exhibited energy and dedication, I consider there to have been an irretrievable breakdown in relationships within the leadership of the board of Sport Wales. My overriding objective is the effectiveness of Sport Wales and its contribution to the wellbeing of the nation through its focus on sport and physical recreation, hence my decision. I have asked the interim Chair, Lawrence Conway, to remain in post for the remainder of 2017 at least, and to take this forward with the remaining board members.
Police are appealing for further information in relation to the murder of a man in Wrexham.
The appeal follows the arrest of a 25-year-old man earlier today.
North Wales Police were called at 8.23am on Monday March 27 to an address in Crescent Close, where the body of a 67-year-old man was found.
He's since been named as Nicholas Anthony Churton.
Mr Churton who lived alone and was a vulnerable, partially disabled man, died in horrific circumstances.
I would like to thank the people of Wrexham for their support so far, and I am now appealing again for as much information as we can get from the public to help us with our investigation.
It is my belief that Mr Churton was killed sometime between 2.45pm on Thursday and midnight on Friday March 24. I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who heard or witnessed a disturbance in Crescent Close in that time.
Two people from Colwyn who had been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
A 27-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender remains in police custody.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference V042465.
126 jobs could be at risk after an aviation facility in North Wales announced it is considering closing.Read the full story ›