Mike and Sara Harris will lead a team attempting to create a sculpture using more than 30,000 balloons.
The company is giving away its surplus wood to local schools, where woodwork students are turning it into beautiful creations.
Rhyl grandfather Alan Dennett spent more than £5,000 converting an old banger for his grandson Alfie.
The owner of an indian takeaway has pleaded guilty to breaching the Food Safety Act by selling a chicken tikka meal containing nuts.
A customer who ordered a curry on-line had stated “No nuts” – but when it arrived it contained almond powder, magistrates at Llandudno heard.
The man took three mouthfuls then became very ill because of a nut allergy, according to the prosecution, but was discharged from hospital the same night.
The owner of the Chilli Pink Express Takeaway at Rhyl, Shakeel Aslam, 41, pleaded guilty to breaching the Food Safety Act.
A defence solicitor said “No Nuts” had been stated in a suggestion box but when a note had been taken to a chef he hadn’t noticed it. It was human error and steps had now been taken to ensure it wouldn't happen again. Aslam was fined £100 with costs of £570
A cannabis supplier who arrived at court in black Jaguar car - has avoided jail because he's the sole carer of his 12 children.
Peter Saunders told Mold Crown Court how his youngest child was 19 months old but his wife had left him and married someone else.
The court heard Saunders, 47, had a dozen children aged 19 months, three, six, seven, nine, ten, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18 and 22. He'd not worked for ten years because he was unfit to do so and lived on benefits in Princess Street in Rhyl.
The defendant and his eldest son Matthew, aged 22, both admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply after police raided their homes on December 17 last year.
Prosecuting barrister Nicholas Sefton told how police raided the father’s home and found 43 grammes of cannabis – some among Christmas presents - valued at about £450. One gramme of cannabis was found at the son’s flat and they both claimed it was for personal use.
The judge said that he would have to put the interests of the young children first and he could not send his son to prison either because they had pleaded guilty to a joint enterprise. Both received 12 month prison sentences suspended for two years.
Back in 1962, Rhyl made a little bit of aviation and maritime history - it was the first destination for a scheduled hovercraft service in the world.
It might have only lasted a summer, but history's turned full circle with two different bidders hoping to operate hovercraft connecting north Wales with the Wirral and Liverpool - a business plan now that could be a reality in less than a year. Rob Shelley reports.
A hovercraft service could soon return to the north Wales coast after more than 50 years, if proposals go ahead.
Bidding is currently underway from two companies, to operate crossings between Rhyl and the Wirral.
If plans go ahead, it could mean passengers could use the scheduled service, and complete the trip in just 30 minutes.
Draft licences have already been granted by Denbighshire County Council, but a full licence is needed in order for the hovercrafts to land on Rhyl beach.
It's been more than 50 years since the world's first commercial hovercraft service made its maiden voyage from North Wales.
The 'flights' ran on a 19-mile route on Rhyl and Wallasey on the Wirral.
It took 24 passengers, and cost £2.
Managers at Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor have said that staff at the hospital have been working "extremely hard" to ensure patient care continues after phone lines were knocked out following heavy rain and lighting.
Lines are still down following yesterday's storms and are calls are being transferred to staff at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd near Rhyl. It's unknown when lines are expected to be working again.
"We have been working...to resolve the problem and work is continuing with staff andcontractors on site...Staff are working extremely hard to keep all services safe and operational with the support of radios, pagers, mobiles and other specialist phones." - Betsi Cadwaladr spokesperson
This video sent in from the Sea Watch Foundation shows a pod of dolphins enjoying the water off the coast of north Wales. The pod of around 20 bottlenose dolphins was spotted off Kimnel Bay.
Dozens of bottlenose dolphins have been spotted off the coast of north Wales.
Although dolphins are not uncommon off the coastline, it's rare to see them so far north. It's believed more and more are swimming north for quieter waters. Many have been spotted as far north at Rhyl and Conwy.
Volunteers for the Sea Watch Foundation have been surveying the area after a number of recent sightings.
Homes and businesses effected by a burst water main in Rhyl should have their supply returned this afternoon, Welsh Water says.
Customers in Rhyl, Kinmel and Abergele are currently without water, after a burst on a key water main in Rhyl.
We were alerted this morning to a burst on a key water main in Rhyl. We immediately sent a team to the site and are now carrying out an emergency repair. This is impacting on water supplies to customers in Rhyl, Kinmel and the Abergele areas and we apologise for any inconvenience.
– Welsh Water
It is estimated that water supplies will begin returning to normal later this afternoon whilst we undertake the repair. This may result in discoloured water for a period of time. This is not unusual after an incident of this nature and should clear within a short period of time. We would like to assure customers we are working as quickly as possible to restore supplies to normal.
Anyone with concerns about their water supply can call Welsh Water's helpline on 0800 052 0130.
A burst water main in Rhyl has caused the closure of a number of schools and buildings in Denbighshire.
The closed schools are:
- Ysgol Brynhedydd
- Ysgol Christchurch
- Ysgol Emmanuel
- Blessed Edward Jones High School
- Project 10 &11
Closed council-run buildings include:
- Rhyl Pavilion Theatre
- Oak Tree Centre
- Rhyl Library
- Toilets at Rhyl Town Hall
The Mayor of Rhyl has said he was "gobsmacked" after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge donated £5,000 to help flood victims in North Wales.
Andrew Rutherford revealed on Facebook that the royal couple had made the donation to the town's flood appeal.
A Clarence House spokesperson confirmed that the pair had made the private donation, but declined to comment on the amount.
– Andrew Rutherford, Mayor of Rhyl
I was gobsmacked when the letter arrived but it goes to show that when you keep the awareness of an issue in the media things can, and do, happen. Thank you William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge