Live updates

New lifeboat station for Llandudno

The green light was given last night. Credit: Peter Byrne/PA Wire

A new lifeboat house on the seafront at Llandudno been given the go-ahead by Conwy planners.

Currently the town's lifeboats have to be towed by tractor through the town centre in order to be launched from the North Shore.

But now a new station is set to be built next to the paddling pool at Craig y don to house a Shannon class all-weather lifeboat and inshore lifeboat.

There were no dissenting voices at the planning committee meeting although it will be the only large-scale development on the promenade itself.

Previously a move to have a lifeboat station by the pier faced big opposition.

Search scaled down for boy swept out to sea

North Wales Police say the search for 12 year-old Isaac Nash who was swept out to sea at Aberffraw on Anglesey will be scaled back.

Isaac Nash was playing in the water at Aberffraw when he was swept out. Credit: North Wales Police

A week has passed since Isaac from the Huddersfield area went missing off the coast.

An extensive multi-agency search has been carried out of the sea and coastal area over the last seven days, but sadly Isaac has not been found says the force.

Police say they will continue to work with the Coastguard.

Search continues for missing Isaac Nash off Anglesey

Advertisement

Search for missing boy focused 'during low tide'

The search for missing Isaac Nash is underway off the coast of Anglesey.

It's the fourth day of searching, after the boy was swept out to sea off the coast of Aberffraw, Anglesey, on Friday.

North Wales Police and the Coastguard are searching an area around the west coast of Anglesey.

Specialist Police divers and land borne colleagues are also conducting searches particularly during low tide. We will continue to do all we can for Isaac’s family some of whom are still in the area and are being informed of developments.

– North Wales Police statement

Search continues for missing Isaac Nash off Anglesey

Specialist teams are preparing for their fourth day of search for Isaac Nash, who is missing off the coast of Anglesey.

Isaac Nash is from the Huddersfield area Credit: North Wales Police

Isaac Nash was playing in the water with a young boy when he was swept out to sea off Aberffraw on Friday.

Specialist underwater teams and helicopters are continuing to help in the search.

Isaac, who is from the Huddersfield area, was on holiday with his family at the time of the incident.

Search continues for missing Isaac Nash

The search is continuing for a third day for a twelve-year-old who is missing off the coast of Anglesey.

Credit: North Wales Police

Isaac Nash was playing in the water with a young boy when he was swept out to sea off Aberffraw on Friday.

North Wales Police say its specialist underwater teams are continuing to help in the search and local residents are helping to scour the shoreline.

Isaac, who is from the Huddersfield area, was on holiday with his family at the time of the incident.

Photo released of boy, 12, swept out to sea

North Wales Police have released a photograph of missing 12-year-old Isaac Nash who was swept out to sea yesterday off the coast of Anglesey.

Credit: North Wales Police

Isaac, from Huddersfield in Yorkshire was holidaying with his family when he and another young boy got into difficulty in the sea off Aberffraw.

Underwater teams have continued the search today after it was called off last night due to poor conditions.

Isaac's family and local people have joined the police in the search along the shoreline.

Advertisement

Family join search for missing boy, 12, off Anglesey

The family of missing twelve-year-old Isaac Nash have joined the police in the search for him after he was swept out to sea off Aberffraw on Friday.

North Wales Police says officers have also been joined by local people wanting to help search along the shoreline.

Isaac, who is from the Huddersfield area, was on holiday with his family at the time of the incident.

Search resumes for missing boy off Anglesey coast

The search has resumed for a 12-year-old boy who went missing off the coast of Anglesey on Friday afternoon.

The boy was swept out to sea whilst paddling with a younger boy.

Lifeboats and three helicopters had searched for the boy, believed to be on holiday from Huddersfield, Yorkshire, but the search was called off last night due to poor conditions.

Coastguards said they were told two children had been paddling in the water when waves swept the boy away.

A spokesman said:

"The father managed to get one of the children out of the water and the grandfather went in to rescue the other lad but a wave swept over. He managed to grab the rocks but lost grip of the child who is missing."

Search for missing boy postponed due to poor conditions

Rescue crews have been searching for the boy since this afternoon Credit: ITV Cymru Wales

Holyhead coastguard have called off their search for a missing 12-year-old boy who was swept off the Anglesey coast earlier today. The search has been postponed due to poor conditions and darkness.

Crews from Porthdinllaen, Holyhead and Trearddur Bay will resume their search tomorrow morning.

RNLI stood down but search for missing boy continues

Search and rescue helicopter at Aberffraw beach earlier today. Credit: Dil Griff

Three RNLI lifeboats involved in the search for a child missing in waters off Anglesey have been stood down for the evening, ITV News has been told.

Crews from Porthdinllaen, Holyhead and Trearddur Bay were called to assist with the search at around one o'clock this afternoon.

Coastguards, Sea King rescue helicopters from RAF Valley and North Wales Police have all been scouring the coastline for the boy.

Load more updates