I told you last night that a deal had been done to form a multi-party administration to run Conwy. I got the figures wrong! The new cabinet will actually be made up of 3 Plaid counillors, 4 Independent, 2 Labour and 1 Lib Dem.
Plaid Cymru's Councillor Dilwyn Roberts was re-elected as leader at the authority's annual meeting this morning. His deputy will be Labour Councillor Ronnie Hughes. Stuart Anderson and Liz Roberts were chosen as Chair and Vice Chair respectively. Here's the rest of the cabinet:
- Councillor Jason Weyman [Ind] - Finance & Resources
- Councillor Graham Rees [Ind] - Communication, Marketing & Leisure
- Councillor Chris Hughes [Lab] - Social Care & Health
- Councillor Wyn Ellis Jones [PC] - Skills & Lifelong Learning
- Councillor Dave Cowans [Ind] - Environment
- Councillor Phil Edwards [PC] - Communities
- Councillor Philip Evans [Ind] - Governance & Regulation
- Councillor Mike Priestly [Lib Dem] - Highways & Property
With a deal to run Powys still to be reached, one councillor accuses Labour and the Lib Dems of letting voters down.
It's business as usual in the Assembly but each of the three opposition parties have been speaking about their local election defeats.
Andrew RT Davies tells AMs and support staff they must 'above all, develop and communicate a clear and concise Welsh Conservative message'