Graeme Smith from South Wales Fire and Rescue Service talks to Rob Osborne at Betwys Primary School in Bridgend, where a fire broke out this afternoon.
He confirmed it was a regular school day and the building was occupied with staff and children.
"It must have come as a huge shock," he added.
Children from Betws Primary School, which was partially destroyed by fire, receive a donation of books to re-stock their library.
South Wales fire crews say an overheating table fan was behind the blaze at Betws Primary School in Bridgend yesterday afternoon.