The Welsh Government says it'll continue and increase the pupil deprivation grant agreed with the Liberal Democrats last year and will look at other proposals put forward by the party during negotiations. A spokesman said:
We are very pleased with today's agreement. It's entirely in line with what we're already doing as a Government and what we pledged to implement through our manifesto. Since the last election, via Jobs Growth Wales and our current apprenticeship schemes, we have repeatedly demonstrated our commitment to tackle unemployment amongst our young people. We believe today's deal is an extension of our commitment and the promise we made to the people of Wales.
We consider the proposals put forward by the Welsh Liberal Democrats during these negotiations, as very interesting. In recognition of this, the ideas they brought to the table during recent weeks, will be examined further by the Government. The Pupil Deprivation Grant that we jointly agreed last year with them, will receive an uplift in the coming financial year and we will look very closely at the idea of an innovative health technologies fund for Welsh patients.
When the Welsh Labour Government was elected back in May 2011, Carwyn Jones pledged he would reach out to other parties in the Assembly. He is fulfilling this promise through the deal we struck last year with the Welsh Liberal Democrats and this year with Plaid Cymru. As a Government, we are true to our word.
More top news
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford is to become the first Assembly Member to announce that he'll stand in the contest to replace Carwyn Jones
A wet and murky night to come, but at least it will remain mild!
Missed tonight's episode? Catch up on Monday's Wales at Six