The 'Change 4 Life' campaign recommends lifestyle changes to help reduce the amount of alcohol we drink.
- You can still enjoy a drink, just have less
- Instead of a strong beer or wine, have one with a lower alcohol content
- Try adding a mixer to make it last longer
- Take a break between drinks and have a soft drink in between to help you stay hydrated
- Try only drinking at home with your main meal
Health experts say you will feel the benefits of drinking less very quickly.
- Feeling better in the mornings
- Having more energy and feeling less tired during the day
- Your skin may start to look better
- You'll start to feel in better shape
- You may stop gaining weight or lose some pounds
There are also suggestions of how to relax and unwind without having a drink.
- pampering yourself with a bath
- sipping a cup of herbal tea
- rediscovering your music collection
- catching up with an old friend on the phone
- walking the dog
- starting a new hobby
- going for a run, a swim or a bike ride
- joining a club, gym or five-a-side team
- treating the family to a day out
More top news
New research shows more than two-thirds of people in Wales suffer from hay fever so badly it keeps them awake for more than an hour a night.
Figures show more than 2000 patients aged between 55 and 75 were admitted to Welsh hospitals with alcohol-related illness last year.
After a chilly start the sunshine will soon get to work, with temperatures on the up!