More than 300 soldiers from 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, who have just returned from Afghanistan, will attend a memorial service on Thursday to remember four soldiers who were killed during the latest tour.
Lance Corporal Lee Davies, Guardsman Craig Roderick, Guardsman Apete Tuisovurua and Warrant Officer Class 2 Leonard Thomas were all killed in action during Operation Herrick 16.
After attending the service, the guards will parade through Cardiff from Cardiff Castle, through St Mary Street, around Mill Lane, through The Hayes and then back to the castle via Castle Street and Cardiff Arms Park.
Cardiff Council Leader, Councillor Heather Joyce, who will receive the official salute from the battalion, said: "The homecoming parade provides the opportunity for Cardiff residents and visitors to welcome the brave men and women from 1st Battalion Welsh Guards back to our capital city.
"The regiment held their first homecoming in 2010 in the city and I am delighted they will return once more to parade across the capital. I am very proud to be receiving the salute from the regiment and I would encourage people to come along to honour our soldiers."
More top news
Andrew Patrick Saunders killed his ex-girlfriend Zoe Morgan and her new boyfriend Lee Simmons outside Matalan in Cardiff last year.
The annual survey from the Asphalt Industry Alliance also says local roads in Wales and England are on the edge of terminal decline.
The Environment Secretary has announced a £223 million boost to rural communities