A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
After a bright start we will see cloud spread in from the west and introducing some showers in many parts.
Thousands of smokers in Wales have pledged to kick the habit for a month, as they take part in Stoptober
Eddie Hayes has built up a collection of more than 2,000 miniature spirits over the years, despite the fact that he doesn't drink!