A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Uruguay waited 12 years for a World Cup try and two came along on one night in a 47-15 defeat to Fiji.
Warren Gatland's men are staying at a hotel in Surrey which is said to be haunted. Flanker Dan Lydiate claims to have seen one.
The RSPCA is urging cat owners to be vigilant after two separate cat poisonings. They occurred in Deeside.