A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
A couple transformed their seven bedroom home in Ystalyfera with £700 in six months by buying almost everything from Gumtree.
Turtle admitted murdering her baby son James back in 2016 after claiming she did not intend to kill him or cause him 'serious harm'.
Police, coastguard and a search and rescue helicopter were deployed late last night to search for two missing women in their 20s.