A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Jooks has turned the nursery rhyme 'Hey Diddle Diddle' on its head with a new picture book.
In an interview with ITV Wales, the Cardiff-born Olympic sailor also spoke of her relief at winning gold with race partner Saskia Clark.
A body has been found at Didcot power station six months after part of it collapsed on four workers, including a Swansea man.