A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Chelsea Manning will be freed in five months after President Obama reduced her remaining prison sentence for leaking government documents.
Staff working in sterilisation and disinfection units at Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board hospitals will go on strike over pay
Carwyn Jones has told AMs about a phone call with Theresa May before her Brexit speech. He also said he fears for Welsh ports post-Brexit.