A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Port Talbot-born Michael Sheen is calling for more support for children from poorer backgrounds to study drama at schools.
The area came fourth behind Peru, New Zealand and Portugal.
A charity match is to be held later tonight to raise funds for a former Cardiff Devils player with a terminal neurological condition.