A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
A 'Festival of Autism has been held in Swansea to raise awareness and help people understand the condition.
There will be some patchy cloud, especially in the west later, and the chance of an odd shower, but in the sunshine it will feel pleasant.
A runner who carried a fellow athlete over the London Marathon finishing line claimed helping was "more important" to him than his time.