A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Snacks, takeaways and even alcohol continue to fuel an obesity crisis among pets in Wales, according to a leading veterinary charity.
Wales could soon become the first part of Europe with a legal duty to have sufficient nurse staffing levels on hospital wards.
A fascination with birds of prey has been a life changer for a GP from Hampshire who moved to be closer to ospreys at a Welsh reserve.