A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
The world record attempt will raise money for the foundation set up in memory of the Olympic gold medallist, who died in May 2013.
In today's Newsweek, Carl talks about what the 'No' vote in the Scottish Referendum could mean for Wales and the impact of legal highs.
England manager talent spotting at Swansea City v Southampton at the Liberty Stadium