A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Chris Baker found an incredible talent for art. It's so impressive he now has his own exhibition in the Wales Millennium Centre.
Calm and quiet for much of Wales overnight, but there is more wet weather on the way for tomorrow!
We've been looking at individuals and what they're passionate about. Now we shine the spotlight on 11-year-old Joe Elliott....