A new poll by Ipsos Mori has provided a picture of how people in Britain will be celebrating the start of 2013. Some 1,000 Britons aged 16 to 64 took part in the survey online with the results showing:
- 3 in 10 Britons will see in 2013 at a gathering with close friends or family
- 26 per cent will see in the New Year with an alcoholic drink
- 22 per cent will be alone with their partner
- 1 in 10 will be watching fireworks
- 37 per cent will be staying at home for New Year's Eve
- 1 in 5 will go out to a friend or family member's house
- 1 in 10 say they won't be staying up until midnight and will be asleep as the year begins
More top news
Generally dry to start the day but turning increasingly cloudy this afternoon with the heaviest outbreaks in the north.
Rain and drizzle will clear eastern counties this evening. Remaining mild with breaks in the cloud by dawn.
A leading vet charity warns that you could end up with a stressed, lonely or even aggressive pet if you don't care for it properly.