The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
Blackwood mother Trudy Jones was on holiday when she was gunned down in the Tunisian beach massacre that claimed the lives of 30 Britons.
The pair, including a man in his 50s, were struck around midday on the Pen y Fan mountain range in Powys, mid-Wales.
The former Wales international and convicted rapist Ched Evans is expecting a baby with his fiancee, Natasha Massey.