The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
Cloudy at first, with outbreaks of rain gradually easing during the morning.
A grey and damp start today. Rain will turn heavy and persistent late afternoon and winds will increase overnight.
Andrew walks the hills of Flintshire & Hannah visits a new saltmarsh on the Gower Peninsula, and a link to our Gallery of Wales.