The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
A misty start with plenty of sunshine, but make the most of it. There's rain on the way!
A video obtained by ITV Wales shows a man being detained on a residential street in Newport following a counter-terrorism raid in the city.
A 25-year-old man has been arrested in Newport, South Wales, in connection with the Parsons Green terror attack, Scotland Yard said.