The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
UEFA has been criticised by football fans after being told they won't be able to watch the Champions League final from Champions Festival.
High pressure will remain in charge bringing another dry day, with more sunshine than yesterday.
A cloudy night to come with the odd spot of light rain. Saturday will be fine and dry with sunny spells throughout the day.