The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
Plans to open a branch of Sainsbury's in a new development in a Pembrokeshire town have been criticised by local businesses.
More than half a million people are expected to take part in this weekend's 'Big Garden Birdwatch', organised by the RSPB.
Cardiff manager Russell Slade says the Bluebirds need a win as they prepare to host Reading in their FA Cup fourth round tie.