The Met Office have issued advice for those travelling in snowy conditions.
- Slow down - it can take 10 times longer to stop in the snow and ice so allow extra room.
- Use the highest gear possible to avoid wheel spin, and avoid harsh breaking and acceleration.
- If you start to skid, gently ease off the accelerator and avoid breaking.
- If you must drive, take extra care: check the Highway Code for advice.
- If you go outside wear several layers of clothing and keep dry to avoid loss of body heat.
- Be careful when walking or driving on compacted snow as it may have turned to ice.
- Take extra care when shovelling snow because the cold air makes it harder to work and breathe.
More top news
It's not a bad night all in all! Dry to start but further showers will push in, setting us up for a dull and damp start to tomorrow.
Amina Al-Jeffery, 21, is originally from Swansea and says her father, Mohammed Al-Jeffery, locks her up because she "kissed a guy".
Gavin Thorman, 37, from Caernarfon was jailed for 12 years last year for his part in conspiring to supply Class A and B controlled drugs.