Keira Marlow, 21 and from Brecon, had anorexia for four years.
She had to travel to England for treatment, and said: "it is quite hard to be so far away from home, and the travelling back and forth all the time is a lot to take on as well as trying to recover."
"If [a specialist unit] was actually built in Wales, it would be much easier for Welsh sufferers."
More top news
We look back at some of the stories, people and events that stood out in 2014.
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
Any showers in the north will clear away quickly to leave a dry and bright day with plenty of sunny spells.