Two hospitalised after flat fire

A man and woman are in hospital following a flat fire in Conwy this evening.

Fire crews were called to a first floor flat in Berry Street at 5.18pm, after the owner of a nearby shop noticed smoke and flames coming from the flat.

A 34-year-old woman was rescued from the flat by firefighters and is currently in intensive care suffering from serious injuries. A 36-year-old man who was also in the flat is being treated for smoke inhalation.

The incident is being jointly investigated by North Wales Fire and Rescue Service and North Wales Police.