The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Crowds came to hear him speak this afternoon in Bangor - a seat where fewer than 100 votes could make the difference at the next election.
Scattered showers with the odd heavy burst possible but there will be plenty of sunny spells too.
A rather wet and windy evening, with rain in the north and showers elsewhere.