The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
It's a dull and dreary start to the day for much of Wales, but hang on in there - things can only get better!
Some very wet weather will sink it's way south and east overnight, with mist and murk developing around coasts.
The Wales Rugby squad are currently in Switzerland at a gruelling conditioning training camp ahead of the World Cup in September.