The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Wales got their 2016 Six Nations campaign under way with an entertaining 13-all draw with Ireland at the Aviva Stadium.
Mosques across Wales and the rest of the UK have opened their doors today to encourage people to find out more about the Islamic faith.
Rain quickly clearing this evening with blustery, locally heavy, showers following, merging at times into longer spells of rain.