The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
The silver Mini was found in the River Teifi after a two-hour police search.
Six high rise blocks of flats have failed to meet fire safety standards, despite passing initial tests in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy.
The results are out of the latest Welsh Political Barometer for ITV Wales and Cardiff University, the only regular opinion polling in Wales.