The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Aaron Ramsey has told his English team-mates at Arsenal to beware Wales overtaking them in the FIFA rankings.
Plenty of fine dry weather to come today and prolonged spells of sunshine. A cool easterly breeze will take the edge off the temperatures.
The three-day event in the Welsh capital is expected to attract more than 20,000 visitors.