The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Extremists are using rural parts of west Wales to train and radicalise people, that's according to an officer from an anti-terrorism unit.
To mark World Autism Awareness Day, Welsh care group Orbis are launching a new campaign to change the way Autism is perceived.
This TV election debate represents the biggest chance that any Plaid Cymru leader has ever had to make a mark on a UK election.