The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Exclusive figures given to ITV Cymru Wales show a steep rise in the number of people seeking advice for steroid use.
Cold, breezy and generally cloudy at first with further wintry outbreaks on the hills
All primary and secondary schools in Wales have been categorised in a new colour-coded system. Is your school green or red?