The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
More than 2,300 child sex offences were recorded by Welsh police forces last year - an average of more than six a day.
Rhondda MP Chris Bryant says security measures at the Palace of Westminster should be reviewed following yesterday's terror attack.
It comes after volunteer beach cleaners found balloon litter on beaches had increased by 53.5% between 2015 and 2016.