The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
A dull and damp night with mist and hill fog, with heavy downpours over the hills!
Darren Osborne from Pentwyn, Cardiff was arrested by police in the early hours of Monday after allegedly ramming his van into worshipers.
A landlord has been fined at Cardiff Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to 8 charges relating to a property in Albany Road, Cardiff.