The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Dull and damp for much of Wales as we start the day, with drier and brighter weather on the way this afternoon.
The heaviest of the rain will ease overnight. Remaining mild but breezy around coastal areas.
Every time you give blood, you save a life. And for 70 years, more than 10 million units of blood have been donated in Wales.