The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
The Pride of Britain Awards are less than a month away, and today we find out who'll represent Wales in the Fundraiser of the Year category.
Police are appealing for information following a sexual assault on a 29 year old woman that took place in Pontllanfraith.
The personal tragedies and triumphs that have shaped his life. Terry Yorath: Life on the Edge, ITV Cymru Wales on Monday, 23 October (8pm).