The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Despite leading at half time, Howley's men failed to score in the second half with Scotland racking up 20 points to seal the win.
It's half time at Murrayfield and Wales are leading at half time, thanks to Liam Williams' third try of the tournament.
A petition calling on the Home Office to reverse a decision to deport a Bangor University student has received over 6,700 signatures.