The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Charities in Wales say thousands of low-income families with disabled children could be missing out on grants, because of government cuts.
Tuesday will have a murky start with widespread fog, mist and low cloud.
A plan to secure the future of Port Talbot steelworks will be unveiled to staff on Wednesday, ITV News understands.