The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Compared to other EU countries, Britain has taken a small number of refugees fleeing the civil war in Syria - should it be doing more?
Plaid Cymru leader Leanne Wood AM says Wales should play a role in helping refugees in need.
Showers in the north and east will merge into longer spells of rain for a time.