The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Warren Gatland's men are staying at a hotel in Surrey which is said to be haunted. Flanker Dan Lydiate claims to have seen one.
The RSPCA is urging cat owners to be vigilant after two separate cat poisonings. They occurred in Deeside.
Surf Snowdonia has now closed for the winter - eight weeks earlier than planned. It follows a 'serious failure' in the wave machine.