The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
UKIP's candidate in the Rhondda quits party claiming it's turned its back on the people it claims to represent
It follows an online campaign to give Iestyn Baldwin, from Bridgend "the best birthday ever".
London Welsh have been removed from English rugby's professional ranks and will immediately forfeit their place in the Championship.