The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
A mother from Cardiff has held a fundraising event to help keep the memory of her stillborn son alive.
We featured the story of Ted Owens' heroism in 2012 when he returned to the spot where he was wounded during the Normandy landings.
Sunny spells during the evening with isolated showers easing away, although it will cool off quite quickly.