The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
A campaign has launched for Welsh universities to alter its application forms to identify and give young carers more support.
Chris Coleman feels Ryan Giggs could benefit from his 28-year association with Manchester United coming to an end.
A report by the Wales Governance Centre has found Wales receives £245m more from the European Union than it pays in - around £79 per head.