The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Police say a suspicious package which was placed in the Quadrant Shopping Centre causing it to be evacuated earlier turned out to be a hoax.
A shopper who was evacuated from the Quadrant Shopping Centre in Swansea has told ITV Wales News the experience was 'frightening'.
It was a slow burner but the sun is now working it's magic! And temperatures are on the up too!