The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Clear skies out there in places have allowed temperatures to tumble. More sheltered rural areas could even see a touch of frost!
Dyffryn Gardens is one of five locations battling it out to be crowned the best place in Wales in this year's Special Places competition.
Retired game-keeper Raymond Arthur Evans’ passion for guns landed him in hot water. Nursing home staff even found a pistol in his room.