The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Still some showers around this evening but it will become drier with just an occasional shower.
A father-of-two was murdered by three men in a vicious attack as a result of a drugs turf war, a court has heard.
Plaid Cymru kicked off its election campaign today with leader Leanne Wood vowing to defend Wales in Brexit negotiations.