The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Catch up online with Wales This Week, Gleision - The Unanswered Questions
Tomorrow looks set to turn distinctly soggy for some!
Wales's best known hotel is under fire for advertising jobs paying only £5 an hour.