The Institute of Welsh Affairs report is proposing a new Severnside Airport:
- Could be built on the edge of the estuary between Newport and Chepstow
- Would take nearly 10 years to plan and build
- Would have 10-11 million passengers a year from the start
- Would have convenient access to the motorway system and the new electrified rail service
- Would have minimal noise pollution, with planes able to take-off and land over water
- Would become the UK's first purpose-built 24-hour cargo airport
More top news
Sun and showers this afternoon with patchy frost on the way this evening.
Plaid have been handed an election boost as influential Labour supporters urge people to pick the Welsh nationalists on regional ballots.
A record crowd of more than 66,000 is expected at the Principality Stadium today for the back-to-back Welsh derbies.