The Alzheimer's Society has published advice for people living with dementia and their carers:
- stay mentally and physically active
- find out what financial support is available
- see an occupational therapist
- learn more about services in your area
- talk to family and friends, and accept offers of help
More top news
Occasional blustery showers overnight and brisk north-westerly winds. Patchy rain will continue during the day tomorrow.
Dame Shirley Bassey releases her first festive recording "The Christmas Song" with Brit-Award winning harmonisers Blake.
Private Gavin Williams was initially treated for a psychiatric episode rather than heatstroke an inquest hears.