The Alzheimer's Society has published advice for people living with dementia and their carers:
- stay mentally and physically active
- find out what financial support is available
- see an occupational therapist
- learn more about services in your area
- talk to family and friends, and accept offers of help
More top news
The cash windfall follows the announcement that an extra £20 billion a year by 2023/24 will be invested in health services across the UK.
The funding will help businesses in the sector improve their businesses before Brexit.
A new speed limit has come into force on major roads and motorways to help tackle air pollution.