Denbighshire County Council say that fallen trees are causing disruption across the county. They say that 25cm of snow has fallen in places with deep drifts in many places.
The Council say that contractors have been working since 4 am trying to clear fallen trees and that additional contractors have now also been deployed.
Many minor roads are impassable but the Council has deployed the agricultural
contractors to clear these.
- A5 is still blocked by fallen trees between Llangollen and Corwen
- A5104 between Llandegla and Corwen
- A542 Horseshoe Pass
- Gwaenysgor Hill, Prestatyn
- Fforddlas, Prestatyn - due to a fallen electricity pole
– Denbighshire County Council statement
At the moment council gritting crews are concentrating on keeping the A roads open as conditions are particularly difficult on the A494 at the Clwyd Gate and along the A525 between Ruthin and Wrexham. Elsewhere crews are working on Rhuallt hill on the A55 and in the Tremeirchion area where conditions are again said to be relatively bad.