The trial into the deaths of five members of the same family in a fire has heard that no one would have been able to escape through the windows without breaking them.
Mr Stephen Andrews, a forensic fire investigation consultant, told the court that following extensive examination, he believed that the fire was started by a naked flame being held against a baby pushchair which was in the small communal hall on the ground floor.
Following extensive tests and the use of a specially trained dog used to detect flammable liquids he ruled out the possibility that the fire could have started by flammable material being poured through the letter box or by a carelessly discarded smouldering cigarette.
He said that in his opinion the "fire was started intentionally.”
Melanie Smith denies five charges or murder following the fatal fire at Maes y Groes in Prestatyn on October 19 of last year.
More top news
The story of how Wales have taken their qualifying campaign by storm, to put themselves within touching distance of Euro 2016.
A 110-year-old All Blacks rugby shirt has sold for £180,000 at auction in Cardiff. We've been taking a look at what else you could buy...
As Super Saturday approaches it's not just us that are preparing to get behind Team Wales. Our pets are getting in the spirit too!