'Deep-rooted problems' within the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust must be addressed, according to a report published today.
The review was commissioned by the Welsh Government last November.
Among the recommendations made in the review are:
- Address the 'fundamental problem' with current accountability, funding and governance arrangements for ambulance services in Wales
- Address 'deep-rooted problems' with Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust and 'persisting issues' in its relationship with partners
- Put in place 'robust planning' to deliver a skilled and modernised Emergency Medical Services workforce
- Develop alternative care pathways 'to allow patients to be treated at the right time and in the right place' and reduce unnecessary pressure on A&E
- Welsh Government and NHS Wales 'should put in place resilient interim arrangements to ensure services continue safely during any transitional period'
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
Any showers in the north will clear away quickly to leave a dry and bright day with plenty of sunny spells.
The rain will continue to push southeastwards this evening. Drier and colder by dawn. Sunny spells throughout the day tomorrow