A Blackwood employee who works at the store next to PoundStretcher, which caught fire in the early hours of this morning, said crews did 'a brilliant job' in tackling the blaze.
Nicola Lambert said crews had managed to contain the flames so the fire didn't spread, but her shop had suffered some water damage following the incident.
"We'll work hard to open again," she said.
"It was a bit of a shock - it wasn't what I was expecting when I got up this morning."
More top news
A collection of thousands of Welsh newspapers have been moved to a new storage facility, along with millions of British editions.
ITV Wales' current affairs programme made for S4C have been presented with an award for coverage of the transgender community in Wales.
A dry and bright afternoon ahead becoming increasingly sunny through the day, but temperatures staying low. Max temp 5 deg C