The Poundstretcher store in Blackwood is being demolished following a blaze in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service say the cause of the fire was bins being set alight.
Fire crews were called out at around 2 o'clock this morning.
Officers say refuse bins were on fire and this had spread to the store room at the back of the shop.
Due to safety concerns the High Street was closed and the electricity supply to a number of shops was cut. Structural engineers were called out to assess the safety of the building.
More top news
Actor Michael Sheen says he doesn't know what the future holds for his hometown of Port Talbot, after Tata's jobs cuts announcement.
The NHS in Wales is set to receive a multi-million pound investment to help it respond to winter pressures, it's been announced today.
Snacks, takeaways and even alcohol continue to fuel an obesity crisis among pets in Wales, according to a leading veterinary charity.