The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Transport Minister Edwina Hart has written to AMs announcing an end to the part time closure of junction 41 of the M4.
Venues across Wales are being encouraged to bid to host the Tower of London Poppies.
One Direction fans have been warned of possible travel disruption due to railway strike action.