The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Beer drinkers may soon never have to face getting a 'bad pint' again, thanks to research by scientists at Aberystwyth University.
The latest poll on voting intentions is due later, as we enter the final day of campaigning before the General Election.
Heavy blustery showers will continue throughout the day. Strong winds expected to affect coastal and more exposed areas.