The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
A major series recalling the stories that made the headlines in Wales from the 1960s to the mid-2000s starts tonight on ITV Cymru Wales.
The forty year old has returned to her presenting role this week, after giving birth to her first child in January.
More than 14,500 emergency food supplies were handed out to local people by a foodbank in Cardiff last year.