The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Schools in Newport have started using robots to help pupils develop their ICT skills as part of a drive to teach more people how to code.
Were you fooled? We've compiled a round-up of our favourite April Fools jokes from across Wales.
The latest poll focussed attention on how people intend to vote for Westminster but it also asked about next year's Assembly election.