The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Hayley Ladd fired home a late free-kick as Wales beat Kazakhstan 1-0 to stay top of their World Cup qualifying group.
A cold and frosty night with ice patches, frost and snow falling over the hills! it's going to be a wintry start to the weekend!
Campaigners are calling on the Welsh Government to launch a public information campaign.