The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Well Storm Imogen certainly kept us on our toes today, but thankfully things are calming down out there!
Victoria Maclean started collecting items related to the books and films more than a decade ago.
Steeplechase and Olympic medallist John Disley, who was born in Gwynedd, dies at the age of 87.