The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Wales have qualified for the Euro 2016 quarter finals after beating Northern Ireland 1-0 in Paris.
A rally has been held in Cardiff following the EU referendum to show support to migrant communities.
It's 0-0 at half time in Paris as Wales face Northern Ireland in the last 16 of Euro 2016.