The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
The body of Blackwood grandmother Trudy Jones has been repatriated to the UK, along with eight other victims of the Tunisian beach massacre.
It feels much fresher out there than it has done recently. So hopefully a much more comfortable night's sleep all round.
Shadow Welsh Secretary criticises timing clash for denying Welsh MPs the chance to debate controversial English veto