The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
The first building has opened at Welsh history museum St Fagans as part of an ongoing multi-million pound redevelopment project.
Horeb surgery in Treorchy is closing because the health board has been unable to recruit a GP to keep it open.
The Labour leadership candidate was accused of misogyny for calling on Labour to 'smash' the prime minister 'back on her heels'