The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Plaid Cymru leader reveals plans for free nursery places for all three-year-olds in Wales as she resumes her party's election campaign
A glorious end to the week, with sunshine which may turn a little hazy later! Temperatures will peak today!
A dry night with incredibly mild temperatures. Setting us up for another lovely day tomorrow!