The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Welsh Premier League side Bangor City have been refused a license to continue playing in Welsh football's top tier.
The investment is part of ensuring the service is sustainable for the future, says the Welsh Government.
There's another call for Labour AMs to use the time before Carwyn Jones steps down to allow the party space to discuss its future direction