The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Mild and muggy overnight, but just be aware, we have a weather warning issued for Wales for tomorrow!
Kirsty Williams successfully defended her Brecon seat, but her party lost four others in a disastrous night.
The body of 75-year-old Iris Owens from Ystrad Mynach was found on Tuesday.