The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
There are calls for dog owners to do more to control their animals after a spate of attacks on dogs in Port Talbot.
Cloudy with rain continuing, mainly affecting western-facing hills.
The last surviving members of the north Wales branch of the Normany Veterans Association held their last formal meeting today.