The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
A largely dry, mild and murky night ahead, with hill fog by the early hours!
There are calls for England to follow Wales' lead in displaying food hygiene ratings to help improve standards, a union has urged. .
A man who bit off another man’s eyebrow and then spat it out in an unprovoked attack in a pub has been jailed for six years.