The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Fire crews have been responding to reports of flash flooding in Carmarthenshire. Some homes have been affected.
Medication designed for animals was taken from the building in Abertillery on Thursday night.
More than a thousand riders will be taking part in a series of events in and around the town.