The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Wet and breezy for a time today, brighter this afternoon
The number of people diagnosed as blind or living with sight loss because of diabetes has almost halved since 2003, new research shows..
The Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee launches its report, ‘Branching out: a new ambition for woodland policies’