The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Gym coach Luke Griffin has been jailed for six years at Cardiff Crown Court after sexually abusing seven girls and one boy in his care.
The gang behind a £19million cocaine conspiracy are being sentenced in one of Dyfed-Powys Police's biggest ever operations.
Some interesting weather to start the weekend, with a yellow warning to "Be Aware" of heavy rain! But it will get better!