The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
A list of official presents from 2016 revealed that The Prince of Wales was given a model of Mother Teresa and DVD while on foreign tours.
Barack Obama has just hours left as the President on the United States with Donald Trump being inaugurated tomorrow.
The Conservatives spent more than any other party -£396,406- on the Assembly election, figures released by the Electoral Commission reveal.