The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Three elderly people are being treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following fire at a nursing home in Denbighshire
A few showers possible, but these tending to fade. Cloud will break up allowing a frost to form. Some patchy mist and fog may also develop.
The 48-year-old lecturer was taken to the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, where he sadly died.