The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Western areas will see the wet and windy stuff continue overnight! And then tomorrow - i'm very sorry to say - there is more of it to come!
Dolaucothi Gold Mines is among five locations battling it out to be crowned Wales' best place in this year's Special Places competition.
It's the latest in a series of incidents, despite safety measures being put in place after the death of an off-duty police officer in March.