The charity The Welsh Association of ME & CFS Support says there are an estimated 12,000 people in Wales, making it the most common neurological condition.
- ME – Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - is a condition which affects the brain
- There is no agreement over what to call it - it is often referred to as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- There is currently no single identifiable cause
- Symptoms fluctuate - they are varied, and worse after physical and mental exertion
- A small percentage of people make a complete recovery over time
- There is currently no cure
It is currently ME Awareness Week.
More top news
Becoming cloudier from the north and west during the evening but some places continuing to see some clear spells
A council in Wales has had to pay more than £8,600 to end a hire contract for a Porsche its former boss used to drive.
Cold weather is again on the way for the UK. Colder conditions will spread south, bringing a mixture of sunny spells and snow showers