Advertisement

Campers fire safety warning

North Wales Fire Service are urging people to take extra care when heating, or cooking in, a tent or caravan after a fire on a Bala campsite this morning. A 40 year old man is in hospital with burns to his hands and chest after an electric heater fell over setting his caravan awning alight.

This fire destroyed the family’s touring caravan. Fire can strike at any time, anywhere – and it is vital that we are all on our guard and try to do all that we can to keep safe. Caravans and tents are potentially more hazardous as the inherent risks are magnified in confined spaces.

– Paul Whybro, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service