Ministers have said the new benefit is designed to support disabled people to live independent lives, and includes a new face-to-face assessment and reviews.
Here is how the changes may affect you:
- Personal Independence Payment will have a Daily Living component and a Mobility component
- Each component will have two rates - standard and enhanced
- There are three rates for the care component (low, middle and high) and two for the mobility component (low and high)
- Claimants will be assessed on 12 activities such as preparing food, washing and dressing
- They will receive a points score for each activity, depending on how well they can carry them out and the help they need to do so
- The total score will determine whether a claimant is entitled to benefits
- For example: The assessment will consider a claimant's physical ability to move around without severe breathlessness, pain or fatigue
- Ministers have said the new benefit is designed to support disabled people to live independent lives, and includes a new face-to-face assessment and reviews
More top news
ITV Wales' current affairs programme made for S4C have been presented with an award for coverage of the transgender community in Wales.
A dry and bright afternoon ahead becoming increasingly sunny through the day, but temperatures staying low. Max temp 5 deg C
The much-loved local character, who had lived on the city's streets for decades, died in hospital this week after falling ill.