A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
Chris Coleman's men have an army of fans all wearing red today. Are you dressed up for tonight? Send us your pics!
An 83-year-old woman from Abergavenny was frightened into handing over £3000 by fake tax officers who threatened to send her to prison.
There's a little more cheer on the pollen count as showers makes grass pollen levels a little more comfortable.