A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
Popular, passionate and committed but Stuart Wilkie is not wanted in the leadership role that arguably saved Port Talbot steelworks.
It's the warmest day of the year so far! Rhyl hit 16.1C earlier this morning! But it is far from blue skies and blazing sunshine!
Lukasz Pawlowski cut his throat with a kitchen knife as he was due to be sentenced in Havefordwest. He has been remanded in custody.