A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
A runner who carried a fellow athlete over the London Marathon finishing line claimed helping was "more important" to him than his time.
A service will be held on Sunday to mark the 70th anniversary of a maritime disaster in which 47 people died.
Swansea ended a desperate run of one point from six games by beating Stoke 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium.