A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
A real taste of winter to come over the next few days, with frost, ice and snow!
The ‘Mx’ title is available for all transgender and intersex people, as well as people who don’t identify with one particular gender.
UK Shoppers could spend around £10bn this Black Friday period. Figures show the Welsh spend more on Christmas than any other part of the UK.