A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
Andrew Price joins South Wales Caving Club to venture into the deepest cave in the UK
Any drizzle this afternoon will subside to leave a largely dry evening. Clearer skies in the north overnight.
Police were called to several Tesco stores in Wales to deal with chaos at midnight. Huge numbers hunted for bargains in shops and online.