A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
Largely fine and dry overnight with just a few showers at times. Temperatures will tumble away so frost is likely!
A team from the Brecon Beacons National Park is airlifting nearly a thousand tonnes of stone and heather for major landscape repairs.
Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has given his full support to under-fire Manager Russell Slade