A strategy to boost the amount of cash tourists bring to Wales by 10% over the next seven years has been launched by the Welsh Government.
One way to bring in more revenue says the report is to market Wales as a luxury destination, but what is tourism worth to Wales?
- In 2012, there were 9.6 million overnight trips to Wales by GB residents who spent £1,588m
- North Wales had the most number of GB tourists and SE Wales the most business trips
- Wales attracted 879,000 international visitors spending £328 million during 2011
- The four top generating countries were Ireland, France, Germany and USA
- In total there were 10.6 million visitors to Wales spending nearly £ 2.1 billion during 2011.
Source: Welsh Government
More top news
Preparations for a world land speed record attempt are taking place at Pendine Sands . The official attempt takes place in Utah, America.
A dry night is expected throughout the country. During the early hours clear spells are likely to develop allowing the temperatures to fall.
More than a thousand people gathered for the funeral of Wales international rugby league player Danny Jones in Halifax.