The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Rain moving east, will spread across Wales in the first half of the night, some likely heavy.
Rain moving east, heavy at times
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered communities in Cardiff are celebrating 30 years of campaigning; as part of LGBT History Month.