The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Showers overnight will make way for heavy rain tomorrow! The Met Office has issued a warning to be aware!
Dermatology services in west Wales are at breaking point say top skin experts in Wales. Hywel Dda currently has no consultant dermatologist.
Sara Garbutt of Rhyl robbed a vulnerable pensioner and stood by while he was beaten up. She's now been jailed for eight years.