The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Fine and sunny tomorrow morning with lots of sunshine to start the day. Feeling colder though, with maximum temperatures of 13°C.
Kathryn Tresilian reports from the town where the body of a 47-year-old woman was found dismembered in Pontypridd on Friday.
Some bright spells this afternoon, with outbreaks of rain. Top temperature 15°C.