The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Welsh Labour members will meet later today in Ammanford for the launch of the party's general election campaign.
Welsh employers are being urged to offer more work placements to young people after a study found experience to be the most valued asset.
A bright start, especially for eastern Wales, before cloud thickens from the west. Rain and strong winds will then spread eastwards.