The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Cold and windy with sunny spells and showers of rain and snow.
The charity says the increase is partly due to people calling for help sooner, instead of attempting to rescue themselves.
Staying windy with occasional rain, sleet and snow showers and a risk of ice patches forming