The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
A mother-of-three has escaped jail after claiming benefits as a single mother - when she was living with her husband.
As one road safety charity calls for tougher punishments for those who break the law, we're asking you for your opinion on the issue.
Wales international Eli Walker has signed a new deal with the Ospreys, keeping him at the Liberty Stadium until the summer of 2017.