The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
It's not a bad night all in all! Dry to start but further showers will push in, setting us up for a dull and damp start to tomorrow.
Amina Al-Jeffery, 21, is originally from Swansea and says her father, Mohammed Al-Jeffery, locks her up because she "kissed a guy".
Gavin Thorman, 37, from Caernarfon was jailed for 12 years last year for his part in conspiring to supply Class A and B controlled drugs.