The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
The Wales team have been an inspiration to fans overcoming injury to make the quarter finals. We asked former players who inspired them.
A third of workers in Wales would feel uncomfortable speaking to their employer about a mental health issue, says recent survey.
As Wales close in on qualification for the Euros, striker Hal Robson-Kanu says the achievement will provide the ideal tribute to Gary Speed.