The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Plaid Cymru demands an urgent Senedd debate and Labour launches a consultation on the UK's future as the process of leaving the EU begins.
Last year, more than 10,500 complaints of abuse were investigated by the charity.
French presidential candidate Francois Fillon's wife has been handed preliminary charges in connection with the alleged "fake jobs" scandal.