The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
A mild night with showers and dense misty patches!
Before the plane took off on February 16, teacher Juhel Miah was escorted off the flight by security.
Our Valleys Correspondent Hannah Thomas has been spending time discovering why the people who live in the Valleys love their communities.