The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
The Bank Holiday is here! Which is usually a recipe for wet weather! Yes, we will get our fair share. But it's not all doom and gloom!
Carl Edwards goes back to his Mid Wales roots to show what his hometown has to offer
Wales flanker Dan Lydiate believes tomorrow's Dublin appointment with the reigning RBS 6 Nations champions is "brilliant preparation".