The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Finley Thomas was a "lovely, happy beautiful baby" and changed in the months leading up to his death, a court has heard.
There will be more Welsh athletes than ever before, at this year's World Powerlifting Championships in Texas in June.
Tree pollen levels are easing off now! But beware - grass pollen is just becoming airborne and levels will rise during settled spells.