The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Andrew Price joins South Wales Caving Club to venture into the deepest cave in the UK
Any drizzle this afternoon will subside to leave a largely dry evening. Clearer skies in the north overnight.
Police were called to several Tesco stores in Wales to deal with chaos at midnight. Huge numbers hunted for bargains in shops and online.