The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Armed officers have been called to Caerphilly Bus Station this evening following reports of a man with a weapon.
How do we solve a problem like heroin? It’s a question that’s been asked for decades.
For some farming is a family affair, but if you don't have a farm to inherit it can be challenging to break into the industry.