The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Hundreds have gathered to attend memorial services across Wales, to mark the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Council plans to build new sixth-form college in Cwmbran to serve Torfaen.
Stunning starling ballet captured in the skies over Cardiff Bay