The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Dry for most, but a few showers likely.
Police and Crime Commissioner for Gwent, Ian Johnston warns further cuts to policing are 'dangerous' and 'will put public safety at risk.'
The Children's Commissioner has found that nearly a third of five to eight year olds are left feeling hungry after a school dinner.