The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Ed Miliband paid his first visit to Wales as part of his General Election campaign, with a message that Labour would help working families.
Cardiff City were held to a dour goaless draw today as Millwall picked up what could be a valuable point in their battle to beat relegation.
Aaron Ramsey has told his English team-mates at Arsenal to beware Wales overtaking them in the FIFA rankings.