The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Uruguay waited 12 years for a World Cup try and two came along on one night in a 47-15 defeat to Fiji.
Warren Gatland's men are staying at a hotel in Surrey which is said to be haunted. Flanker Dan Lydiate claims to have seen one.
The RSPCA is urging cat owners to be vigilant after two separate cat poisonings. They occurred in Deeside.