The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Clear skies out there in places have allowed temperatures to tumble. More sheltered rural areas could even see a touch of frost!
Dyffryn Gardens is one of five locations battling it out to be crowned the best place in Wales in this year's Special Places competition.
Retired game-keeper Raymond Arthur Evans’ passion for guns landed him in hot water. Nursing home staff even found a pistol in his room.