The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
A dry night is expected throughout the country. During the early hours clear spells are likely to develop allowing the temperatures to fall.
More than a thousand people gathered for the funeral of Wales international rugby league player Danny Jones in Halifax.
A chef from St Gwladwys Bargoed Primary School has won School Chef of the Year in a National competition