The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Anthony Thompson, 41, from Wallasey, admitted five charges of theft totalling £21,000 from Quay Pharmaceuticals.
Newport West MP Paul Flynn appeared on the Labour frontbench and called for "all-octogenarian" shortlists so there'd be more MPs like him.
Wet and windy weather spells better news if you suffer with hay fever! Grass pollen levels are generally moderate over the next few days.