The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Through this evening and overnight it will remain cloudy with some persistent rain and drizzle by dawn.
A couple from Wales, who moved to South Africa to live 40 years ago, have been killed on their farmland estate there, police have confirmed.
Our Valleys Correspondent Hannah Thomas has been spending time discovering why the people who live in the Valleys love their communities.