The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Not too bad out there at the moment, with the heaviest of any showers easing during the first part of the night.
Sea Watch Foundation says it is investigating a reported but unconfirmed sighting of a killer whale off Ceredigion.
A man had to be freed this morning after an empty van rolled down the road and overturned, trapping him underneath.