The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
A Wales-based company is partnering with job centres to roll out an initiative to get people with mental health problems back into work.
A cut in tourism VAT could create almost 6,000 new jobs and generate an extra £160m a year for the Welsh economy, it has been claimed.
A wet start to the week with rain for most of us this morning. Things should brighten up this afternoon.