The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Susan Wellings suffers from severe pain caused by gallstones but has been left waiting for surgery after doctors refused to operate.
Owain Vaughan, 14, took the drug and was rushed to hospital after suffering severe fits, burst blood vessels and being violently sick.
ITV Cymru Wales today announces its extensive line up of coverage of General Election 2015 across news, programmes and online.