The Kids in Museums manifesto has twenty points aimed at encouraging museums, galleries and historic sites to make visits for families and young people more enjoyable.
- Saying 'hello' and making visitors feel welcome..
- Discouraging the use of the word 'no'.
- Invite teenagers in to 'hang out' , and make sure their opinions are valued.
- Design pricing and programmes with a variety of families in mind.
- Allow visitors to touch exhibits where possible, and carefully explain why others can't be touched.
- Be chatty and up-to-date on social media.
More top news
Clear skies will continue for a time allowing temperatures to drop to freezing in many places. Cloud developing during the early hours.
She's been playing rugby since she was eight and now Sian Williams is Wales' first full-time professional female rugby player.
A judge said the three men were 'waiting in the wings to assist anyone ready to travel to Syria.'