The reshuffle caused by Leighton Andrews' resignation has led to a new role in cabinet for Huw Lewis and a promotion to cabinet for Jeff Cuthbert. In addition, two new deputy minister, Vaughan Gething and Ken Skates, join the Welsh Government for the first time.
The new government in full is as follows
- CABINET MINISTERS
- Rt Hon Carwyn Jones AM First Minister
- Edwina Hart AM Minister for Economy, Science & Transport
- Mark Drakeford AM Minister for Health & Social Services
- Jeff Cuthbert AM Minister for Communities & Tackling Poverty
- Lesley Griffiths AM Minister for Local Government & Government Business
- Jane Hutt AM Minister for Finance
- John Griffiths AM Minister for Culture & Sport
- Huw Lewis AM Minister for Education & Skills
- Carl Sargeant AM Minister for Housing & Regeneration
- Alun Davies AM Minister for Natural Resources & Food
- DEPUTY MINISTERS
- Gwenda Thomas AM Deputy Minister for Social Services
- Ken Skates AM Deputy Minister for Skills & Technology
- Vaughan Gething AM Deputy Minister for Tackling Poverty
More top news
A mild day with showers in the west, drier and brighter in the east
A team of experts are calling for people in Wales to take more responsibility over their health. We have a few tips here.
The Football Association of Wales says match fixing is 'quite possibly' the biggest threat to football in Wales.