First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
Not the brightest of days, with low cloud and showers spreading south!
Motorists have been warned to plan ahead to avoid getting caught in traffic with 12,000 fans expected at an Olly Murs concert on Saturday.
Steffan Evans' late try snatched a dramatic 19-17 win for Wales against Samoa in Apia.