First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
A dry night with clear spells for most, especially towards the north where it will become rather chilly with some mist patches possible.
Wales head coach Warren Gatland says some players suffered a few bumps and bruises during their clash against Ireland.
Hundreds of bikers have ridden through Blackwood in memory of a woman killed in the Tunisian terrorist attacks.