First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
There are calls for dog owners to do more to control their animals after a spate of attacks on dogs in Port Talbot.
Cloudy with rain continuing, mainly affecting western-facing hills.
The last surviving members of the north Wales branch of the Normany Veterans Association held their last formal meeting today.