First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
It'll be a chilly start, with some sunshine expected in the east. Drizzle expected, but a mild day.
A group of friends from Tonyrefail are campaigning to end gender bias in sport, by encouraging young people to try something new.
Airline Flybe has announced it's to create a new base at Cardiff Airport this summer in a move which will see 11 routes and 50 new jobs.