First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
Cloud and rain will gradually spread northwards throughout the day.
A cloudy night for most of us, with patchy rain, drizzle and mist at times, largely confined to the south overnight.
The second nominee is Suzanne Edwards from Merthyr Tydfil, whose fundraising idea helped a little girl with cancer get treatment.