First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
Cardiff scientists will be part of an international space mission, to investigate fundamental questions about how exoplanets form.
A new campaign; 'Adventure Smart' has been launched to encourage people to enjoy Wales' great outdoors - safely.
The 28-year-old is expected to play some part in today's opener against tournament hosts China - possibly from the bench.