First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
Western areas will see the wet and windy stuff continue overnight! And then tomorrow - i'm very sorry to say - there is more of it to come!
Dolaucothi Gold Mines is among five locations battling it out to be crowned Wales' best place in this year's Special Places competition.
It's the latest in a series of incidents, despite safety measures being put in place after the death of an off-duty police officer in March.