First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
Not a bad couple of days ahead as the high pressures brings settled conditions. The Bank Holiday Weekend is looking generally fine and dry!
Changes in entry patterns, along with new maths qualifications, have impacted on this year's grades - though A* results remain stable.
Can you remember how old you were when you learned to tie your shoelaces, ride a bike and when you were allowed to walk home on your own.