First Minister Carwyn Jones has laid out the government's Tackling Poverty Plan in Cardiff's Butetown today. These are its key targets:
- Reduce the number of 16-18 year-olds not in work, education or training to 9% by 2017
- Narrow the gap in attainment levels for children age seven eligible for free school meals by 10%
- By 2016 increase the number of three-year olds receiving Flying Start services by 5%.
- Close the health gap between those living in the most deprived communities and more affluent ones by 2.5% by 2020.
- Reduce the number of babies born under 5.5 pounds in the most deprived fifth of the population by 19% by 2020.
More top news
An event was held this morning to mark the 80th Anniversary of volunteers from Wales joining the fight against fascism in Spain.
The region extended their unbeaten run at home in the league to five games.
Cloudy skies mean we'll escape largely frost-free overnight! Feeling much milder with drizzle in the east at times.