Aneurin Bevan University Health Board has issued advice for anyone concerned they may have been passed the Hepatitis C virus by a former healthcare worker.
If you receive a letter saying you may have come into contact with the worker:
- Contact the helpline as stated in the letter - it is open initially from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week
- Provide your unique reference number, which is on top of the letter
- The helpline staff will be able to give you advice and details of the blood test offered, and be able to arrange an appointment
- Specialist clinics will start taking place from Friday, 13th September and patients will receive results in approximately two weeks
- At the clinic you will have the opportunity to talk to specialist nurses for any questions you may have
If you do not receive a letter, but still have concerns:
More top news
Mohammed Haji Sadiq targeted girls, aged between five and 11 during religious classes between 1996 and 2006.
Wales' women will compete alongside seven other nations in the first ever female rugby sevens tournament at the Commonwealth Games.
Kear has been in charge of the Dragons since 2014 and led them to the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.