Aneurin Bevan University Health Board has issued advice for anyone concerned they may have been passed the Hepatitis C virus by a former healthcare worker.
If you receive a letter saying you may have come into contact with the worker:
- Contact the helpline as stated in the letter - it is open initially from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week
- Provide your unique reference number, which is on top of the letter
- The helpline staff will be able to give you advice and details of the blood test offered, and be able to arrange an appointment
- Specialist clinics will start taking place from Friday, 13th September and patients will receive results in approximately two weeks
- At the clinic you will have the opportunity to talk to specialist nurses for any questions you may have
If you do not receive a letter, but still have concerns:
More top news
Carol Morse claimed her 12-year-old son Ryan dropped to just four stone but doctors failed to act, Cardiff Crown Court hears.
Mark Prosser stabbed Billy Moore - a friend who had previously saved his life.
ITV News can reveal the number of potential buyers for Tata's steel business in the UK is more than double the previously known total.