Aneurin Bevan University Health Board has issued advice for anyone concerned they may have been passed the Hepatitis C virus by a former healthcare worker.
If you receive a letter saying you may have come into contact with the worker:
- Contact the helpline as stated in the letter - it is open initially from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week
- Provide your unique reference number, which is on top of the letter
- The helpline staff will be able to give you advice and details of the blood test offered, and be able to arrange an appointment
- Specialist clinics will start taking place from Friday, 13th September and patients will receive results in approximately two weeks
- At the clinic you will have the opportunity to talk to specialist nurses for any questions you may have
If you do not receive a letter, but still have concerns:
More top news
Heavy rain during the morning will ease to leave scattered showers and some decent spells of brightness.
Showers this evening with heavier and more persistent rain arriving overnight. A wet start tomorrow but improving during the afternoon.
A mother from Neath has told how her teenage son collapsed and was left unconscious for five hours after taking a so-called legal high.