Aneurin Bevan University Health Board has issued advice for anyone concerned they may have been passed the Hepatitis C virus by a former healthcare worker.
If you receive a letter saying you may have come into contact with the worker:
- Contact the helpline as stated in the letter - it is open initially from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week
- Provide your unique reference number, which is on top of the letter
- The helpline staff will be able to give you advice and details of the blood test offered, and be able to arrange an appointment
- Specialist clinics will start taking place from Friday, 13th September and patients will receive results in approximately two weeks
- At the clinic you will have the opportunity to talk to specialist nurses for any questions you may have
If you do not receive a letter, but still have concerns:
More top news
RSPCA says one budgie was put to sleep and another survived after their cage was left in a road in Swansea. A pet snake was also left.
Timothy Edward King claimed to hear voices and blamed the blaze it on his alter-ego who he said was out of control.
James Claveley Evans was jailed for 28 months after pleading guilty to attempting to arrange sexual activity with a child by email.