The housing association which runs the Glyn Padarn sheltered accommodation near Aberystwyth has confirmed it was a tenant who died in a fire there last night.
Tai Ceredigion says it will ensure a team of staff are on site today "to support our affected tenants after such a difficult and tragic evening."
We deeply regret that last night, following a fire at one of our sheltered flats at Glyn Padarn, Aberystwyth, a tenant has died.
The Police and Fire Services are currently investigating the incident and our staff are liaising closely with them.
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased tenant, and we will ensure that there is a team of staff at Glyn Padarn today to support our affected tenants after such a difficult and tragic evening.
Our thanks go to the members of the emergency services, County Council staff, and volunteers of St. John's ambulance for all their effort and support in re-locating the other tenants to an emergency rest centre along with Tai Ceredigion's emergency response team.
More top news
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
Any showers in the north will clear away quickly to leave a dry and bright day with plenty of sunny spells.
The rain will continue to push southeastwards this evening. Drier and colder by dawn. Sunny spells throughout the day tomorrow