At first glance it seems every other Welsh Government department will see its budget cut in order to pay for the increase in spending on the NHS. It adds up to £100m cut for 2014/15. Local government takes the biggest hit, losing £98m from its allocation for 2014/15. The other departmental cuts are:
- Economy, Science Transport - £26.9m
- Education and Skills - £77.5m
- Natural Resources and Food - £22.2m
- Housing and Regeneration - £6.6m
- Culture and Sport - £4.3m
- Central administration - £4.1m
More top news
A dull and cloudy start with a risk of showers. During the afternoon it is expected to become largely dry with strengthening winds.
Clear skies to come tonight staying mostly dry and feeling chilly.
Guide Dogs Cymru says it's desperate for suitable volunteers to take on puppies and give them their initial stage of training.