Albert Primary School will reopen to pupils on Monday after it was deemed unsafe last week.
Staff at the school in Penarth noticed cracks in the ceiling and it was decided the school should close while a full inspection took place.
Repairs were required to three halls, the dining room, two classrooms and a corridor. The repair work is expected to completed by tomorrow.
The Council’s Cabinet has confirmed funding for improvements to the school had already been set aside for the year.
Cllr Chris Elmore, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said:
“The Council are developing plans with the Governing Body to spend the £135,000 available this financial year for Albert Primary to carry out extensive improvements to the school to reduce the risk of further closures.
We appreciate the difficulties that unplanned closures of schools cause parents and investigated options to try to open part of the school last week. Unfortunately this was not possible. I would like to thank parents, carers and children for their patience.”
More top news
Rugby fans told to expect queues of up to 2 hours to get home as thousands pour into the city for Wales' first Six Nations home game.
Green keeper Gareth Pugh died after he fell into a lake while collecting golf balls.
The Newsweek Quiz - where we will be testing your knowledge from the last seven days of news here in Wales.