- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
A 'Festival of Autism has been held in Swansea to raise awareness and help people understand the condition.
There will be some patchy cloud, especially in the west later, and the chance of an odd shower, but in the sunshine it will feel pleasant.
A runner who carried a fellow athlete over the London Marathon finishing line claimed helping was "more important" to him than his time.