- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Passengers being urged to check before they travel as upgrading work begins between Cardiff and the Severn Tunnel.
Over 40,000 people in the UK have young onset dementia. One charity says there needs to be more support for people in Wales under 65.
It has since apologised and removed the Tweet, which included the potential customer's name, email address and phone number.