- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
The owners of what some people claim to be the 'Welsh Holy Grail' are offering a cash reward for the ancient artefact's safe return.
Staying mostly dry overnight with generally light winds, but cloud and wind will gradually increase from the northwest from the early hours.
In the last programme we've been to meet two Welsh entrepreneurs who chose a different route and we visit the Energy Centre at Coleg Menai.