- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Rugby fans are being reminded to plan ahead for the Wales vs. Ireland match at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium this weekend.
A charity are planning to buy and protect Wales' Celtic 'rainforest'
People experiencing debt related problems in Wales has increased by nearly a fifth in the last year, according to Citizens Advice.