- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Outbreaks of mostly light rain will arrive from the north tonight with hill fog likely.
Royal Mail says it won't deliver residents' letters because walking on a grass verge is "too dangerous" for posties.
A scuba diver from Pembrokeshire has won national recognition for her photography after coming close up and personal with a grey seal.