- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Well a fabulous day today has ended on a spectacularly soggy note for some! Heavy rain, hail and thunder will work northwards overnight!
The Talyllyn runs from Tywyn, near Aberdovey, for more than seven miles to two villages in the south Gwynedd countryside.
Homes in parts of Tonypandy and Llwynypia are without water this evening due to a burst water main at Cilfynydd.