- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
A British High Court judge has been asked to come to the aid of a woman who says she has been imprisoned by her father in Saudi Arabia.
Libraries across Wales are celebrating 100 years of Welsh author Roald Dahl at a giant reading scheme.
The residents of Conwy in North Wales say it's been the worst year for disruption from the herring gulls.