- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Supreme Court judges' ruling on parliament's role in triggering Article 50 will also decide if the Assembly also must have a say
The Chief Inspector of Education in Wales has told ITV News there isn't enough consistently good teaching in enough schools in Wales.
A cold, frosty and foggy start to the day for many, feeling a little milder but cloudier around the coast!