- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
A mother of two has told ITV Wales she's saving money to buy life extending cancer drugs as she anticipates the NHS won't fund them.
The man and woman found dead on Cardiff's Queen Street have been named as Lee Simmons and Zoe Morgan.
The man and woman who were found dead this morning on a Cardiff street were stabbed. Warning: Graphic content.