- Turn off unnecessary lights rather than leaving them on. Using TVs and appliances on 'standby' can waste electricity too
- Use draught excluders for doors, windows and fireplaces
- Increase loft insulation to limit the heat that escapes
- When using a kettle, just boil the amount of water you need instead of filling it up!
- Set your washing machines to operate at a lower temperature
- Change your light bulbs for low-energy ones
- For a shower that takes hot water from a boiler, replace your shower head with a more water-efficient one
- Turn the thermostat down by even just one degree.
- Take the opportunity of windy weather to dry laundry outside rather than in a tumble dryer
- Consider cavity wall insulation to keep the heat in.
More top news
Three Welsh billionaires have made this year's Sunday Times Rich List, with Sir Michael Moritz topping the list for the richest in Wales.
A fine end to the weekend, with sunny spells throughout the day. Moving into the start of the week, more bright spells but feeling colder.
Off to the London Marathon today? If so, send us in your pictures.