Violence against women is under the spotlight today as the White Ribbon Day campaign is launched.
Figures from the Wales Violence Against Women Action group shows domestic abuse makes up a quarter of all crime. Every year in Wales;
- 50,769 women will experience 203,075 incidents of domestic abuse - but there will only be 3,385 convictions
- 29 women will seek help to deal with forced marriage
- 2,485 sexual offences against women will be recorded by the police - however it is estimated only 12% of victims report to the police
- 7 women will die at the hands of their male partners or ex-partners
- 1904 women will access refuges due to fleeing from domestic abuse
- 2,949 women experiencing domestic abuse will ring the All Wales Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline
More top news
Our Valleys Correspondent Hannah Thomas has been spending time discovering why the people who live in the Valleys love their communities.
A Muslim teacher, who was denied entry to the US, has told ITV News he was 'distraught' when he was removed from the flight.
George North is on course to return from injury when Wales resume their RBS 6 Nations campaign against Scotland on Saturday.