Violence against women is under the spotlight today as the White Ribbon Day campaign is launched.
Figures from the Wales Violence Against Women Action group shows domestic abuse makes up a quarter of all crime. Every year in Wales;
- 50,769 women will experience 203,075 incidents of domestic abuse - but there will only be 3,385 convictions
- 29 women will seek help to deal with forced marriage
- 2,485 sexual offences against women will be recorded by the police - however it is estimated only 12% of victims report to the police
- 7 women will die at the hands of their male partners or ex-partners
- 1904 women will access refuges due to fleeing from domestic abuse
- 2,949 women experiencing domestic abuse will ring the All Wales Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline
More top news
The group, which is being set up by Labour to examine how best to redistribute powers across the UK, will meet for the first time.
Plaid Cymru demands an urgent Senedd debate and Labour launches a consultation on the UK's future as the process of leaving the EU begins.
Last year, more than 10,500 complaints of abuse were investigated by the charity.