Violence against women is under the spotlight today as the White Ribbon Day campaign is launched.
Figures from the Wales Violence Against Women Action group shows domestic abuse makes up a quarter of all crime. Every year in Wales;
- 50,769 women will experience 203,075 incidents of domestic abuse - but there will only be 3,385 convictions
- 29 women will seek help to deal with forced marriage
- 2,485 sexual offences against women will be recorded by the police - however it is estimated only 12% of victims report to the police
- 7 women will die at the hands of their male partners or ex-partners
- 1904 women will access refuges due to fleeing from domestic abuse
- 2,949 women experiencing domestic abuse will ring the All Wales Domestic & Sexual Violence Helpline