Richard Matheson from the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service suggests that fire crews dealing with the blaze at the Vale Business Park may be on site for days.
The "deep-seated" fire involves a large amount of mixed recycling materials.
One of the owners of a soft furnishings business in the area was notified about the fire by one of her employees after they saw smoke from one of the buildings nearby.
Pam Owen, owner of Pam Owen's Soft Furnishings, has been in business for more than 25 years and is worried about the fire spreading.
More top news
A postman was on his rounds when he noticed a man inside a pensioner's house - police found Neil Williams hiding in the attic.
Susan Wellings suffers from severe pain caused by gallstones but has been left waiting for surgery after doctors refused to operate.
Owain Vaughan, 14, took the drug and was rushed to hospital after suffering severe fits, burst blood vessels and being violently sick.