A report out by the RAC reveals a record number of people are now reliant on a car or van to go to work. 16.7 million workers in England and Wales get to 'the office' either by driving themselves or catching a lift. Here are a few more facts and figures for Wales:
- Welsh commuters more dependent on cars for getting to work than rest of UK
- Blaenau Gwent is the most car-dependent with 82% of workers using a car or van
- Cardiff is the least car-dependent but even here 62% of those employed use a car or van
- In Wales 74.2% of workers commute by car or van. The figure for England is 62.7%.
- The average length of a car journey to work in Wales is 9.5 miles (19 miles for a round trip)
More top news
Showers this evening with heavier and more persistent rain arriving overnight. A wet start tomorrow but improving during the afternoon.
A mother from Neath has told how her teenage son collapsed and was left unconscious for five hours after taking a so-called legal high.
Two brothers from Cardiff are campaigning for their cousin's murder to be re-investigated, 76 years after she died.