A report out by the RAC reveals a record number of people are now reliant on a car or van to go to work. 16.7 million workers in England and Wales get to 'the office' either by driving themselves or catching a lift. Here are a few more facts and figures for Wales:
- Welsh commuters more dependent on cars for getting to work than rest of UK
- Blaenau Gwent is the most car-dependent with 82% of workers using a car or van
- Cardiff is the least car-dependent but even here 62% of those employed use a car or van
- In Wales 74.2% of workers commute by car or van. The figure for England is 62.7%.
- The average length of a car journey to work in Wales is 9.5 miles (19 miles for a round trip)
More top news
An ERS report claims that 1,063,610 votes in Wales were 'wasted' because of what they call 'disproportionate results.'
Children's charity Barnado's says Wales is leading way in protecting children’s mental health using in-school counselling.
Not the best start to the week.