A report out by the RAC reveals a record number of people are now reliant on a car or van to go to work. 16.7 million workers in England and Wales get to 'the office' either by driving themselves or catching a lift. Here are a few more facts and figures for Wales:
- Welsh commuters more dependent on cars for getting to work than rest of UK
- Blaenau Gwent is the most car-dependent with 82% of workers using a car or van
- Cardiff is the least car-dependent but even here 62% of those employed use a car or van
- In Wales 74.2% of workers commute by car or van. The figure for England is 62.7%.
- The average length of a car journey to work in Wales is 9.5 miles (19 miles for a round trip)
More top news
There may be a few clear spells to start the night but towards the early hours of tomorrow morning things will turn wetter from the west.
Snowdonia is one of five locations battling it out to be crowned the best place in Wales in this year's Special Places competition.
Falling milk and lamb prices have prompted hundreds of farmers to demonstrate outside retailers’ depots and supermarkets.