A report out by the RAC reveals a record number of people are now reliant on a car or van to go to work. 16.7 million workers in England and Wales get to 'the office' either by driving themselves or catching a lift. Here are a few more facts and figures for Wales:
- Welsh commuters more dependent on cars for getting to work than rest of UK
- Blaenau Gwent is the most car-dependent with 82% of workers using a car or van
- Cardiff is the least car-dependent but even here 62% of those employed use a car or van
- In Wales 74.2% of workers commute by car or van. The figure for England is 62.7%.
- The average length of a car journey to work in Wales is 9.5 miles (19 miles for a round trip)
More top news
It will become dry in the evening. Northern and central parts will become mostly clear and cold, with fog patches.
South Wales Fire and Rescue Service is warning older people about the ‘fire hour’
Motorbike rider Kara Rann has died after crashing during competition at Pembrey Racing Circuit in Carmarthenshire