A report out by the RAC reveals a record number of people are now reliant on a car or van to go to work. 16.7 million workers in England and Wales get to 'the office' either by driving themselves or catching a lift. Here are a few more facts and figures for Wales:
- Welsh commuters more dependent on cars for getting to work than rest of UK
- Blaenau Gwent is the most car-dependent with 82% of workers using a car or van
- Cardiff is the least car-dependent but even here 62% of those employed use a car or van
- In Wales 74.2% of workers commute by car or van. The figure for England is 62.7%.
- The average length of a car journey to work in Wales is 9.5 miles (19 miles for a round trip)
More top news
Temperatures will tumble under clear skies tonight with a widespread frost developing.
Police found more than 20 cannabis plants, a small amount of cocaine and a prohibited stun-gun at the home of Richard Williams.
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford and his Scottish and Northern Irish counterparts demand no further public spending cuts in the UK Budget.