As well as Ann Clwyd being named Politician of the Year, there were five other winners at tonight's Welsh Political Awards.
- AM of the Year: Peter Black. He was the first backbencher to pilot an Act of the Assembly into law, the Mobile Homes (Wales) Act.
- MP of the Year: Guto Bebb. He's used parliamentary pressure, with debates in a crowded Commons to demand redress from banks that mistreat small businesses.
- Campaigner of the Year: Rhodri Glyn Thomas. He led the opposition to cuts in council tax benefit. It forced the Welsh Government to recall the Assembly from its Christmas recess before ministers finally climbed down in the new year.
- Member to Watch: Suzy Davies. An AM in her first Assembly, she's a rising star of the Conservative group and has been given the job of writing her party's next election manifesto.
- Local Politician of the Year: Cllr David Phillips. The leader of Swansea council has made tackling poverty a priority.
More top news
The much-loved local character, who had lived on the city's streets for decades, died in hospital this week after falling ill.
The Wales Deaf Rugby team take on England today at the Cardiff Arms Park
A shopper has received a community order after he admitted uploading an explicit image to an iPad at a Tesco supermarket in Swansea.