As the world marks Internet Safety Day today, the NSPCC warns that the safety of young people online is a growing problem.
Below we've listed some tips for helping your children stay safe online.
- Ask your child what they do online
- Let your child teach you how to use social networking and games
- Know who your child is talking to online
- Set rules and agree boundaries
- Make sure the content their looking at is age-appropriate
- Use parental and privacy controls
- Check the privacy settings on any online account your children have
- Have conversations early and often
- Most sites have 'reporting tools,' make sure your child knows how to find them
- Seek further advice
More top news
Cloudy at first, with outbreaks of rain gradually easing during the morning.
A grey and damp start today. Rain will turn heavy and persistent late afternoon and winds will increase overnight.
Andrew walks the hills of Flintshire & Hannah visits a new saltmarsh on the Gower Peninsula, and a link to our Gallery of Wales.