As the world marks Internet Safety Day today, the NSPCC warns that the safety of young people online is a growing problem.
Below we've listed some tips for helping your children stay safe online.
- Ask your child what they do online
- Let your child teach you how to use social networking and games
- Know who your child is talking to online
- Set rules and agree boundaries
- Make sure the content their looking at is age-appropriate
- Use parental and privacy controls
- Check the privacy settings on any online account your children have
- Have conversations early and often
- Most sites have 'reporting tools,' make sure your child knows how to find them
- Seek further advice
More top news
The Met Office has issued severe weather warnings for much of Wales for tonight, believe it or not!
The family of a woman who died in a queue of ambulances outside hospital are demanding action so that this doesn't happen again.
A look at how the votes will be counted and when the results of the Scottish referendum will be announced.