As the world marks Internet Safety Day today, the NSPCC warns that the safety of young people online is a growing problem.
Below we've listed some tips for helping your children stay safe online.
- Ask your child what they do online
- Let your child teach you how to use social networking and games
- Know who your child is talking to online
- Set rules and agree boundaries
- Make sure the content their looking at is age-appropriate
- Use parental and privacy controls
- Check the privacy settings on any online account your children have
- Have conversations early and often
- Most sites have 'reporting tools,' make sure your child knows how to find them
- Seek further advice
More top news
It comes as official guidance was published warning that no level of regular drinking could be considered as "completely safe".
As part of our series on the Welsh Year of Adventure we've has been looking at some of the most epic things you can see and do across Wales.
A centre dedicated to educating children and adults on all things technology is celebrating its 30th birthday.