As the world marks Internet Safety Day today, the NSPCC warns that the safety of young people online is a growing problem.
Below we've listed some tips for helping your children stay safe online.
- Ask your child what they do online
- Let your child teach you how to use social networking and games
- Know who your child is talking to online
- Set rules and agree boundaries
- Make sure the content their looking at is age-appropriate
- Use parental and privacy controls
- Check the privacy settings on any online account your children have
- Have conversations early and often
- Most sites have 'reporting tools,' make sure your child knows how to find them
- Seek further advice
More top news
Hundreds of people took part in a protest march in Haverfordwest today over changes to hospital services.
A fairly cloudy day to come with a few scattered showers.
Ed Miliband paid his first visit to Wales as part of his General Election campaign, with a message that Labour would help working families.