Despite the strong showing in UKIP support for this May's European Election, the Wales Barometer Poll shows that supporters of staying in the European Union now outnumber those who would vote in a referendum to leave the EU.
- Stay in EU 41% (38% in December)
- Leave EU 38% (40% in December)
- Don't know/Won't vote 22% (22% in December)
Meanwhile, as the prospect of a referendum on the devolution of income tax powers appears to be receding, support for the whole idea is also in decline.
- Yes 31% (35% in December)
- No 42% (38% in December)
- Don't know/Won't vote 28% (26% in December)