Women also are still earning less than men because they are often working in lower-paid and part-time jobs with the majority of people in higher paid work still men. Here are the headline figures from the Working Patterns in Wales report:
· Four out of five Welsh workers are in gender-segregated occupations
· 64% of full-time jobs are held by men
· 88% of part-time jobs are held by women
· 90% of men work full-time and 10% part-time
· 91% of jobs in the Skilled Trades are held by men
· Only three skilled trade occupations out of a total of 56 are dominated by women
· 84% of Wales' professional women are concentrated in education, health, social work and public administration.
· At least 40% of work in feminized occupations is contracted on a part-time basis
· The hourly pay gap between full-time male workers and part-time female is 34%
More top news
It will remain breezy with further blustery and at times thundery showers.
Here's our gallery of some of your St David's Day pictures.
Showers becoming increasingly wintry even to lower levels, bringing an ice risk.