Women also are still earning less than men because they are often working in lower-paid and part-time jobs with the majority of people in higher paid work still men. Here are the headline figures from the Working Patterns in Wales report:
· Four out of five Welsh workers are in gender-segregated occupations
· 64% of full-time jobs are held by men
· 88% of part-time jobs are held by women
· 90% of men work full-time and 10% part-time
· 91% of jobs in the Skilled Trades are held by men
· Only three skilled trade occupations out of a total of 56 are dominated by women
· 84% of Wales' professional women are concentrated in education, health, social work and public administration.
· At least 40% of work in feminized occupations is contracted on a part-time basis
· The hourly pay gap between full-time male workers and part-time female is 34%
More top news
Evening sunshine will give way to a dry and clear night with light winds.
A survey found the posts included comments about the teachers competence, and appearance.
Temperatures will rise steadily in the strong June sunshine.