Women also are still earning less than men because they are often working in lower-paid and part-time jobs with the majority of people in higher paid work still men. Here are the headline figures from the Working Patterns in Wales report:
· Four out of five Welsh workers are in gender-segregated occupations
· 64% of full-time jobs are held by men
· 88% of part-time jobs are held by women
· 90% of men work full-time and 10% part-time
· 91% of jobs in the Skilled Trades are held by men
· Only three skilled trade occupations out of a total of 56 are dominated by women
· 84% of Wales' professional women are concentrated in education, health, social work and public administration.
· At least 40% of work in feminized occupations is contracted on a part-time basis
· The hourly pay gap between full-time male workers and part-time female is 34%
More top news
Western areas will see the wet and windy stuff continue overnight! And then tomorrow - i'm very sorry to say - there is more of it to come!
Dolaucothi Gold Mines is among five locations battling it out to be crowned Wales' best place in this year's Special Places competition.
It's the latest in a series of incidents, despite safety measures being put in place after the death of an off-duty police officer in March.