Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Sheffield Wednesday secured their place in this season's Championship play-offs with a 3-0 victory over their nearest challengers, Cardiff.
Two tries in the last six minutes from Ospreys skipper Rhys Webb won a thrilling Welsh derby at the Principality Stadium.
The oldest ever rugby jersey to ever go on public sale could fetch as much as £20,000 at an auction next month.