Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Most places will see a dry, bright day with patchy cloud but also some warm sunny spells, and it'll be less breezy than on Friday.
Members of the RMT union are walking out for three days from today in a row over new trains causing disruption to bank holiday services.
The Bank Holiday is here! Which is usually a recipe for wet weather! Yes, we will get our fair share. But it's not all doom and gloom!