Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Hannah is in Carmarthenshire finding out what is happening at the National Botanic Garden of Wales 15 years after it first opened its doors.
A prize-winning pooch from Bala caused a stir at this year's Crufts competition after going to the toilet in the arena.
A cloudy night through many central and western parts, clearer skies at times in the east. A mild night with brisk southwesterly winds.