Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Owen Smith has been sacked from Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet after calling for a new EU referendum.
The former Olympian turned coach has three athletes heading to Australia to compete in the Games.
After facing calls not to try to outflank Labour on the left, the party's leader calls for unity to achieve the aim of ruling Wales.