Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Rugby fans told to expect queues of up to 2 hours to get home as thousands pour into the city for Wales' first Six Nations home game.
Green keeper Gareth Pugh died after he fell into a lake while collecting golf balls.
The Newsweek Quiz - where we will be testing your knowledge from the last seven days of news here in Wales.