Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Wales' hopes of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup took a dent following a goalless draw with the Republic of Ireland in Dublin.
Clear skies overnight will set us up for a beautiful weekend with sunshine and lovely temperatures.
Shopping trolleys to be left unlocked as supermarket upgrades for new £1 coin.