Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
A pilot project by Anglesey students to set up and run a seafood market in Menai Bridge has proved a major success.
Welsh drivers who break down face hundreds of miles of road without mobile signal the RAC has warned.
Not a promising start to the week with a Met Office yellow warning of heavy and persistent rain.