Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Welsh NHS Confederation figures reveal most people in Wales now recognise the impact that their lifestyles have on their health and the NHS.
Largely dry with clear spells overnight, but isolated wintry showers remain likely in the west.
A collection of thousands of Welsh newspapers have been moved to a new storage facility, along with millions of British editions.