Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
It will stay largely cloudy tonight and there will be some further rain around, with central parts perhaps staying driest.
ITV Wales understands the reason for the inquiry call stems from concerns raised at the end of 2016 over a former healthcare support worker.
Plaid Cymru says the Welsh Government must 'show stronger leadership' over fire safety at Welsh tower blocks.