Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Swansea City failed to capitalise on last weekend's dramatic win over Crystal Palace, as they fell to a heavy 5-0 defeat away at Tottenham.
Post Office workers and managers have held a third strike in a long-running dispute over job losses and pensions.
After a cloudy start it will be a dry day today. The cloud will break up this afternoon, with some bright or sunny spells developing