Judges praised Rhossili Bay for its "vast stretch of sand" and "towering cliffs", and stressed its popularity with "surfers, paragliders and ramblers".
Here is the top ten of UK beaches, in descending order:
- Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Longsands Beach, Tynemouth, North Tyneside
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- Sandbanks, Poole, Dorset
- Nairn Beach, Nairn, Scotland
More top news
Not a particularly pleasant night ahead, with wet and windy conditions for all. The showers will ease by the early hours.
Abraham's five goals in 10 Swansea games has led to speculation he'll be recalled by Chelsea.
Welsh Pride of Britain nominee Reverend Wynne Roberts combines being a hospital chaplain with a career as an Elvis Tribute Act.