In a statement on Cwmcarn High School's website, headteacher Jacqui Peplinski said "concerns were dealt with swiftly".
"There was no risk to any staff or learner and the relevant support services were contacted as a precautionary measure."
"Cwmcarn High is a caring and safe environment and we are committed to everyone’s safety."
More top news
The RSPCA is urging cat owners to be vigilant after two separate cat poisonings. They occurred in Deeside.
Surf Snowdonia has now closed for the winter - eight weeks earlier than planned. It follows a 'serious failure' in the wave machine.
A hearing was held today on whether to hold a second inquest into the death of a five year-old boy who was killed by E. coli poisoning.