A mother has suffered a double tragedy - her little girl was killed in a house fire exactly a year to the day after her baby son died from cot death. Little Angel Jade Smith, three, died after a horrific blaze tore through her family home in Carmarthen.
The tragedy happened a year to the day that her baby brother Jake was found dead from suspected cot death at six months. Mum Alice Smith, 24, is in a serious condition in hospital after being rescued by firemen from the burning house on Sunday.
Family friend Lisa Naether said, "We were in total shock when we heard, especially as it was the anniversary of her baby brother's death." Neighbours called 999 after spotting black smoke billowing from the family home.
Firefighters arrived at the terraced house were they found Angel and mum Alice trapped inside although her father had escaped by jumping from a window.
Friends helped raise £300 for a headstone following Jake's death in June last year.
More top news
Gladstone's Library is among five locations battling it out to be crowned the best place in Wales in this year's Special Places competition.
A judge said the mask, similar to the one in the famous horror film, had not been just a disguise but a tool to instil fear into the staff.
Toogoodtowaste collects household goods and redistributes them via charity shops, helping low-income households and providing training.