The family of a schoolboy killed by meningitis are considering legal action against the hospital who gave him paracetamol instead of antibiotics.
His parents Andrew and Emma said their son had been 'let down' by doctors at Princes Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.
In statement issued through their solicitor they thanked the coroner who ruled there had been 'gross failings' at the hospital.
Lawyer Zak Golombeck said:
"It is clear that the Paediatric Team at the Prince Charles Hospitals were not working effectively to ensure treatment was commenced as early as possible.
"In essence, they let Thomas down."
Mr Golombeck added that his law firm, Slater & Gordon, were 'now advising the family with regard to legal action.'
More top news
A mild night with showers and dense misty patches!
Before the plane took off on February 16, teacher Juhel Miah was escorted off the flight by security.
Our Valleys Correspondent Hannah Thomas has been spending time discovering why the people who live in the Valleys love their communities.