The family of a schoolboy killed by meningitis are considering legal action against the hospital who gave him paracetamol instead of antibiotics.
His parents Andrew and Emma said their son had been 'let down' by doctors at Princes Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales.
In statement issued through their solicitor they thanked the coroner who ruled there had been 'gross failings' at the hospital.
Lawyer Zak Golombeck said:
"It is clear that the Paediatric Team at the Prince Charles Hospitals were not working effectively to ensure treatment was commenced as early as possible.
"In essence, they let Thomas down."
Mr Golombeck added that his law firm, Slater & Gordon, were 'now advising the family with regard to legal action.'
More top news
We look back at some of the stories, people and events that stood out in 2014.
Italian vodka, suspicious sediment and antifreeze sold as spirits are among the potential danger signs for shoppers stocking up on alcohol.
Any showers in the north will clear away quickly to leave a dry and bright day with plenty of sunny spells.