The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have visited the Senghenydd mining memorial on the fourth day of their Summer tour.
Prince Charles laid a wreath at the Welsh National Mining Memorial at the site.
439 miners and a rescuer died during an explosion at the Universal Colliery in Senghenydd in 1913.
The couple went on to open the newly re-located Aber Valley Heritage Museum before attending separate engagements in Usk.
More top news
Well a fabulous day today has ended on a spectacularly soggy note for some! Heavy rain, hail and thunder will work northwards overnight!
The Talyllyn runs from Tywyn, near Aberdovey, for more than seven miles to two villages in the south Gwynedd countryside.
Homes in parts of Tonypandy and Llwynypia are without water this evening due to a burst water main at Cilfynydd.