Advertisement

Man taken to hospital after a fire in block of flats in Llanelli

Credit: Google Maps

One man has been taken to hospital after a fire in the stairwell of a block of flats at Granby Close in Llanelli.

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service have the fire under control.

Police said one man has been taken to hospital as a precaution with smoke inhalation, while four people were also treated at the scene.

Due to concerns for safety, four blocks of flats have been evacuated and a 100 metre cordon is in place.

Fire officers have now left the scene.

I've been on site this evening and have spoken with the emergency services. I want to thank the police, ambulance and fire services for their response to this incident at Granby Close."I have also been speaking with some of the residents and families in our area and understandably we are all shocked. Some residents have also now been evacuated to nearby buildings.

....the Morfa community is as always coming together and there has been great community spirit on show. Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected.

– Sean Rees Llanelli Town Councillor for the Glanymor Ward