Mayor George Ferguson has finally been able to form a Cabinet from all four political parties. It follows the recent local elections in which Labour became the largest party on Bristol City Council.
When Mayor Ferguson was elected in November, they turned down his invitation but with their new status they came to an agreement.
The new Cabinet and each member's lead responsibilities are as follows:
- Cllr Mark Bradshaw (Lab) – Transport, Planning, Strategic Housing & Regeneration
- Cllr Simon Cook (Lib Dem) – Leisure, Tourism, Licensing & Community Safety
- Cllr Geoff Gollop (Cons) – Finance & Corporate Services
- Cllr Gus Hoyt (Green) – Neighbourhoods, Environment & Council Housing
- Cllr Barbara Janke (Lib Dem) – Health & Social Care
- Cllr Brenda Massey (Lab) – Children, Young People & Education
Mayor Ferguson says he is delighted not only to have representation from all four parties but also to have people with a wide range of experience.