Commuters are being warned of a high amount of fog in the South West today.
A yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for Gloucestershire, Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire and Somerset, particularly:
The fog warning is valid until about 10am, Thursday 19 October.
The helicopter lifted 40 tonnes of aggregate to the top of Glastonbury Tor, in order to repair erosion.Read the full story ›
The artist who made the Somerset sculpture says she is at a critical point in deciding its future.Read the full story ›
Staff at the national park say the current honesty box policy has failed to raise enough money to fund repairs to the car parks.Read the full story ›
ITV is looking for your best walks in the south west region for a special programme to be broadcast next spring.Read the full story ›
An investigation has begun following the eighth deliberate attack on Peregrine falcons in Devon.Read the full story ›
The RSPCA is urging the public to report glue trap sellers, which are not illegal, but inhumane according to the animal charity.Read the full story ›
A baby swan has been rescued by an animal charity after being found with a plastic bag tightening around its neck.Read the full story ›
West Country hotel owners have raised concerns about the damaging impact of online let agencies like Airbnb to their local tourism board.Read the full story ›
The South West Coast Path has come out top in a survey of Britain's best-loved walks.
The footpath - which is England's longest - stretches for 630 miles, running from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of Devon and Cornwall, to Poole Harbour in Dorset.
The survey, carried out by National Express, polled 1,000 British walkers on their favourite routes.
The Lake District's Windermere Way came second, and Scotland's Great Glen Way, which offers panoramas of Loch Ness, was placed third.
List of the UK's Favourite Walks
- The South West Coast Path (Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Dorset)
- Windermere Way (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- The Great Glen Way (Scottish Highlands)
- The South Downs Way (Hampshire and Sussex)
- Scafell Pike (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- Pembrokeshire Coast Path (Pembrokeshire)
- Hadrian's Wall Path (Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, Cumbria)
- The Coast to Coast (Cumbria and Yorkshire)
- Bournemouth's Coast Path (Dorset and Hampshire)
- The White Cliffs of Dover (Kent)
- The Lizard Peninsula Coastal Walk (Cornwall)
- The Cotswolds Way (Gloucestershire and Somerset)
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path (Suffolk and Norfolk)
- Yorkshire Wolds Way (Yorkshire)
- The Pennine Way (Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Scotland)
- Cannock Chase (Staffordshire)
- Bradgate Park (Leicestershire)
- London's Capital Ring (London)
- The Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail (Gloucestershire)
- The Three Peaks (Yorkshire)