Roundabouts, parks and verges across Exeter have been planted with wildflowers in a project to provide a haven for butterflies and bees.Read the full story ›
South West Water must improve its performance according to a "Water and sewerage companies' performance" report by The Environment Agency.Read the full story ›
They are a firm favourite across the Channel but spider crabs are not on the menu in many restaurants in the UK.Read the full story ›
Chemicals humans put into the water system are changing the anatomy and behaviour of fresh water fish, according to Exeter Uni research.Read the full story ›
The South West Coast Path has come out top in a survey of Britain's best-loved walks.
The footpath - which is England's longest - stretches for 630 miles, running from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of Devon and Cornwall, to Poole Harbour in Dorset.
The survey, carried out by National Express, polled 1,000 British walkers on their favourite routes.
The Lake District's Windermere Way came second, and Scotland's Great Glen Way, which offers panoramas of Loch Ness, was placed third.
List of the UK's Favourite Walks
- The South West Coast Path (Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Dorset)
- Windermere Way (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- The Great Glen Way (Scottish Highlands)
- The South Downs Way (Hampshire and Sussex)
- Scafell Pike (The Lake District, Cumbria)
- Pembrokeshire Coast Path (Pembrokeshire)
- Hadrian's Wall Path (Tyne and Wear, Northumberland, Cumbria)
- The Coast to Coast (Cumbria and Yorkshire)
- Bournemouth's Coast Path (Dorset and Hampshire)
- The White Cliffs of Dover (Kent)
- The Lizard Peninsula Coastal Walk (Cornwall)
- The Cotswolds Way (Gloucestershire and Somerset)
- Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path (Suffolk and Norfolk)
- Yorkshire Wolds Way (Yorkshire)
- The Pennine Way (Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Scotland)
- Cannock Chase (Staffordshire)
- Bradgate Park (Leicestershire)
- London's Capital Ring (London)
- The Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail (Gloucestershire)
- The Three Peaks (Yorkshire)
A study by the Marine Conservation Society, found the South West to have the second highest litter density in the country.Read the full story ›
Dairy farmers from the West Country are calling for urgent support as record numbers are forced from the industry because of economic pressure.
In the last 20 years the number of farmers in the region has halved but a quarter of all jobs in Cornwall are still connected with agriculture and food, with the industry worth more than £189 million to the county's economy.
At the Royal Cornwall Show businessmen have been reflecting on the difficult times for the West Country's farmers. Jacquie Bird has been speaking to them
Snowdonia, the mountainous region which features the highest peak in Wales, topped the vote ahead of the Three Sisters mountains.Read the full story ›
Volunteers are taking part in a dive near St Michaels Mount in Cornwall to try to remove potentially deadly fishing litter from the ocean.Read the full story ›
There is a warning that pollution in our towns and cities is risking the health of some of their most vulnerable residents.Read the full story ›