The inquest into Samuel Starr's death, says he died after a new NHS computer system "failed" to book a vital hospital scan.
A 75 year old woman was left stranded at a hospital in Bath - after private ambulance crews failed to pick her up.
Thousands of children across Bristol are expected to take part in a flu vaccination programme which started today.
Just over a year ago Samantha Hobbs almost lost her mum Mandy when she had a cardiac arrest at their home in Yeovil.
Aged just fourteen at the time, she saved her mum's life using CPR skills she'd learned at the local lifesaving club.
Sam has been campaigning to get other teenagers to learn these skills, and has earned an award from the British Heart Foundation for what it calls her exceptional contribution to improving the UK's heart health.
The West's very first unit for adults needing a bone marrow transplant is almost complete.
When it opens in Bristol next week - patients will be treated separately from children and have dedicated nurses. It will transform the time they spend in hospital as Katie Rowlett reports.
A coroner has ruled that a three-year-old boy died after a new NHS computer system failed to schedule him for a vital heart scan. Samuel Starr from Frome had made a good recovery from surgery after being born with a heart defect.
But a fault in the hospital's bookings system resulted in a five month delay in him receiving further treatment. He died a month later in the arms of his parents. Katie Rowlett reports:
– ROYAL UNITED HOSPITAL BATH NHS TRUST
We offer our sincere condolences to the family of Samuel, and are very sorry for the delay in him being seen in the specialist outpatient clinic.
As the Coroner noted following her narrative finding, we have already taken action to correct any issues relating to the booking of outpatient appointments.
Coroner records narrative verdict into the death of #samuelstarr -a new nhs computer system at RUH 'failed' to schedule him for vital scans.
The coroner is expected to deliver his verdict later today in the case of Samuel Starr who died after heart surgery.
Samuel had the surgery at the Bristol Children's Hospital when he was just nine months old, and died aged three.
The inquest heard that a new computer at the Royal United Hospital in Bath failed to generate check up appointments in the months after the procedure.
The parents of a boy who died following heart surgery in Bristol have spoken of their shock that his death was not included in the hospital trust's official figures.
Luke Jenkins died almost 2 years ago - and it's taken until now for the error to be corrected. Katie Rowlett reports.
The inquest into the death of a 3 year old boy has heard from a surgeon from the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children.
Samuel Starr underwent complex heart surgery at the hospital when he was just 9 months old. The surgeon who operated on him today admitted he had never operated on a child with that amount of narrowing and that his operation would have been 'simpler' if it had been performed earlier.
Samuel Starr's surgeon says he was 'very disappointed' when the young boy woke up after surgery and had suffered a stroke. He told the inquest he had never operated on a child with that amount of narrowing.
Yesterday the inquest was told a new computer system failed to generate check up appointments at the nearby Royal United Hospital in Bath.